Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

I concur with all the favorable comments, doctor Scratchy has one heck of a build going on here!.
Mate, your detailing is just amazing, nice clean & crisp work that's for sure.
That conning tower detail is just mindblowing.
Stu

i love this build, it ozzzes class and sheer awesomeness!!!! kudos to you,i really enjoy reading your updates
all the best
colin

Thanks Colin

You, Scratchy, are my new hero.

Damn. That's just impressive as hell.

Thank you for those kind words Effingham.

OMG, this is simply incredible.... You skill sir and attention to detail is amazing....

Erm, I guess a run of these will be out of the question ;)

(Will follow this thread for sure)

Thanks James007bond, yeah, this just a one-shot,...... sorry.

Whoa, the detail you put into that command tower is just amazing! I'm certainly going to follow this WIP. Great job!

I'm glad you like it Oriontide.

Scratchy, out of curiosity, what did you make the x-bar antenna out of?

Tial, the "X-bar" antenna is made out of styrene and stretched sprue.

I concur with all the favorable comments, doctor Scratchy has one heck of a build going on here!.
Mate, your detailing is just amazing, nice clean & crisp work that's for sure.
That conning tower detail is just mindblowing.
Stu

Thanks Stu.

Gentlemen, I humbly thank you all for the kind words, and I'm happy that you are enjoying this thread:cheers

I'm following your progress in silence.....yep... just pure silences....
(Now whispering: How many LIGHTYEARS OF EXPERIENCE DO YOU HAVE MAN!!)

....definitely quite a few of us hiding out,watching this thread and getting really excited when we see a new post....
...back to the shadows we go.... :)

....definitely quite a few of us hiding out,watching this thread and getting really excited when we see a new post....
...back to the shadows we go.... :)

thanks Chris, glad to hear it!

Actually, I've been into modelling for the last two years, before that I did some in 1997. I don't consider myself a seasoned pro or anything, I'm still learning as I go.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'll have some of my WIP builds at this weekends IPMS show in Vancouver. I'll have the Star Destroyer, three scratched 1/72 AT-STs and my lighted 1/2256 Nebulon B on display.

For more details;

IPMS Vancouver

SCratchy, can you post a few picture of your Nebulon- B please?

In my profile, there's a link in my "contact info", click on it and it'll take you to a page that I have. They're in an album titled "scratchbuilt models".

Absolutely gorgeous build! Those pics of the hangars are too impressive!

Thanks Darthweezy!

It's been awhile, here's some pics on the progress of the back of the "Neck". Still have some more detail to throw on it, hope you like.

spine5.jpg

spine6.jpg

spine7.jpg

spine8.jpg

spine9.jpg

The detailing on this build is so amazing my brain finds it easier to accept that you have really huge hands, a huge coke-can and a huge keyboard, not to mention all the other really big stuff in the background.

Impressive....most impressive

The detailing on this build is so amazing my brain finds it easier to accept that you have really huge hands, a huge coke-can and a huge keyboard, not to mention all the other really big stuff in the background.

thank you Tial and Zykotec. It's a little deceiving by the pics, but yeah it's a small build.

Scratchy I don't know how you do it what kind of eyes do you have that allows you to work on detail this small? In my case I'm getting a magnifying lamp with 5x diopter as my eyes are taking a beating. I used to work in an electronics plant and they have these 10x dazer magnifiers! but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Scratchy I don't know how you do it what kind of eyes do you have that allows you to work on detail this small? In my case I'm getting a magnifying lamp with 5x diopter as my eyes are taking a beating. I used to work in an electronics plant and they have these 10x dazer magnifiers! but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Well, my peepers are still good. I think "Patience" is my most valuable tool that I have while building this. I've accepted the fact that this Star Destroyer will take a long time to build. Building this subject was the main reason why I tried my hand a scratchbuilding in the first place.

Very deceiving. The details make this thing look way bigger.

Thanks Altername, I think the photography skews the model though, making it look much larger than what it is.

Your sense for details is extraordinary...

Keep it Up!

Thanks Repro!:cool

It's been over a month since my last post. I haven't had much time to work on this build but I did manage to finish and start a couple sections.

The last of the detailing of the back of the neck,.....
spine11.jpg

a close up.....
spine12.jpg

Here's the start of the Port and Starboard sides of the Neck
spine13.jpg

spine14.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back