Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

Hands down awesome job on that one! I appreciate the time you took on the detail work. It just proves that a Star Destroyer is something to take extra special time on. Great job!

Thank you Flameout, and TheNewOlympian. Yeah building one of these, no matter the size, is really a time consuming project, but worth every minute in the end.

Thank you Flameout, and TheNewOlympian. Yeah building one of these, no matter the size, is really a time consuming project, but worth every minute in the end.

Yeah these things are pretty labor intensive, but so worth it when it starts coming together. i'm almost done with the bottom of mine. soon i'll be able to start the top

I decided to go back into the back of the tower and pull some plastic off. These pieces right here (they're gone), marked with the arrows, I took the plastic rod out.

bridge22.jpg

I found these gun barrels from the POW that I had in a parts box, they would be better in that area.
bridge23.jpg

Here they are glued on
bridge24.jpg

Here's some work on the shelves on the superstructure

supstructure11.jpg

supstructure12.jpg

supstructure13.jpg

supstructure14.jpg

You sir, are completely insane!
Seriously, amazing work on my fave SW ship!

Rich

Thanks Rich, I have to partially agree with you on this being one of my favorite star wars ships..... there's so many cool ships that came out of these films.

That. Is. Awesome.

Thanks Lozart, that's very kind of you.

Awesome!

But a little funny looking without the greeblies :lol

Yeah, she's a little naked without them.

Yeah the Mk2 has nice details with the shelving. the mk1 is relatively devoid of this particular detail...

I've just seen Flintlock's ANH ISD thread in the Studio Scale Forum, there's quite a bit of detail on that ship, maybe not as much, but it's there just the same.

Thanks for the words of encouragement all!

Here's the shelves of the superstructure, the majority are on, now I have something to assist with the placement of the detail pieces. I made some longer, I'll trim these down when I detail those select areas.

supstructure11.jpg

supstructure12.jpg

supstructure13.jpg

I wanted to get these out of the way before I start work on the "spine" of the tower. Next will be the garbage chute and the surrounding area.

The start of the garbage chute. I glued two pieces of .060 styrene together, just so that there's some strength and the piece fits snuggly in the neck of the tower
garchute1.jpg

The floor and two pieces angled onto the walls
garchute2.jpg

A nice fit, just placed inside
garchute3.jpg

I made two detail pieces of the 20mm Flak carriage, one for the front of the neck, which has more details, and the other will be glued in the back of the garbage chute.
garchute4.jpg

Here's the piece glued to the front
supstructure15.jpg

I need some help with an I.D. Does anyone know where this kitpart came from that is used for the ceiling of the chute, I don't have any good reference pics of the details.
kitpart1.jpg

Looking pretty sick. I was saying that the Devastator doesn't have the "shelving" I actually picked up the side walls from the MPC Millenium Falcon, they are about the right height and and have some interesting detail for the super structure to build up on. I'm liking the neck spine too. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks Tial, the details from the Falcon and beefed up sounds like a good idea. The neck looks to be another enjoyable area to work on, just gotta keep throwing the details on her.:)

The 2 lower and the 2 upper parts are armor shields from the Mobelwagen.

Same as the parts used on the back of the bridge :

8ft32.jpg

AWESOME! Thanks Julien! Those circle impressions would be ideal to place some fiber optic:thumbsup

Here's the three individual pieces of the garbage chute, I looked at the scene in ESB to see if this chute was lighted, it wasn't. However, I'm going to go ahead and light it anyway
garchute5.jpg

The three pieces assembled prior to paint and glue....
garchute6.jpg

....painted, glued and a test light
garchute7.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back