HELP needed to ID MOONRAKER prop

ed-209

Sr Member
Hi Guys!!!
I was wondering if anyone can ID this particular item which was used as the Lazer pistols in the James Bond film "MOONRAKER"

I photographed this prop when I visited EON studios back in the 90's.

There are no markings anywhere except the ones you see near the bottom of the grip. It says: MADE IN U.S.A. then below PAT PEND.

I'm pretty sure it's a heat gun. It's all plastic construction.

"Help me, RPF's...you're my only hope"
Ed-209

007-MR_LaserPistol0.jpg

I vote that is is something close to a dixon model 418 inductive timing light

3887401244_e8cf25c531_o.jpg

there is one on ebay right now that is were i found this picture

Last edited:
well it doesnt look like they painted it so there is probably a model that is black instead of chrome and I know how we like to be sticklers.

That's pretty good. We ID'd a prop and got a couple of zings in - all before the morning coffee break at the office.

We rock.

EXCELLENT!!!
Good work guys!!! You “nailed” it.

In case that first one was TOO easy…here’s another for you…
The Moonraker Laser rifle….We know that the base gun was the UZI 9mm Submachine gun with its folding shoulder stock, barrel, Cocking bolt, trigger guard and magazine removed.

BUT…can anyone ID any of the Add-Ons????

Ed-209

The front “barrel” is obviously a found object as you can see from the photo close-up I darkened that there is some type of raised lettering on that part. Any ideas?

007-MR_Laser-Uzi-13.jpg

007-MR_Laser-Uzi-15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be plumbing/central heating parts on the emitter and scope, maybe from radiator valves?

The emitter also reminds me of a hose-pipe nozzle or water-spray gun. Is that writing on there?

The rail part could be some kind of clamp, maybe?

Last edited:
The piece on top appears to be part of a screw clamp. Tim
EXCELLENT!!!
Good work guys!!! You “nailed” it.

In case that first one was TOO easy…here’s another for you…
The Moonraker Laser rifle….We know that the base gun was the UZI 9mm Submachine gun with its folding shoulder stock, barrel, Cocking bolt, trigger guard and magazine removed.

BUT…can anyone ID any of the Add-Ons????

Ed-209

The front “barrel” is obviously a found object as you can see from the photo close-up I darkened that there is some type of raised lettering on that part. Any ideas?

007-MR_Laser-Uzi-13.jpg

007-MR_Laser-Uzi-15.jpg

Does anyone see what appears like a fish or a shark shaped piece attached to the body of the gun toward the back? Almost like those flat wooden painted ones you get at aquariums to nail to the wall?

Also, I have to concur about the screw clamp.

Last edited:
It's a timing light!
Dang. I got here too late.

Uh, Hmmm... The fish shape is pretty specific on the back, I agree.
Otherwise, I'm stumped. Do you have the image you started with to sharpen up the letters on the nozzle for others to try? :D

Does anyone see what appears like a fish or a shark shaped piece attached to the body of the gun toward the back? Almost like those flat wooden painted ones you get at aquariums to nail to the wall?

Also, I have to concur about the screw clamp.

Oh good, so I'm not the only one who looked at that and said "that looks like a shark".

Do you have the image you started with to sharpen up the letters on the nozzle for others to try? :D

Here is the original photo next to one that I invert the colors on…
Any idea what that says?????

Squint, guys…squint…LOL

Ed

007-MR_UZILazerRifle2.jpg

it looks Russian to me. OOOOOR
wait this is so easy, here's what it says...
007mruzilazerrifle2.jpg

ok NEXT! what else you got that you need answered?
or it could BR*O(c)*(v)-or-(u) a(ll)-or-(h)(if you cannot figure it out then read below)
brovall
brovah
brouall
brouah
brcvall
brcvah
brcuall
brcuah
and running these through google, some are peoples names one is a type of car, one with Greek significance and some sites in another language. I know its not much but maybe it can lead to what it is. Im squinting as hard as I can (mainly because of the pot though) :lol j/k :rolleyes

EDIT: Looking more, maybe the second word contains "DIGI"

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back