JD's Willy Wonka Costume ?

And some dark color near my nose to make it a bit smaller looking.
9-03-09002A.jpg

Dude...were were cursed with the same type of nose, bro....I just wished I had your hair!:lol
me.jpg

Rob

It must be, my friend! :thumbsup With one grandmother from County Cork, and another from Rhondda Valley in Wales, I've got the Celtic all over me!:lol
Rob

here's the cane that i made

Wonka_Cane_For_school_play_by_xD00Rx.jpg

Wonka_Cane_school_play_by_xD00Rx.jpg

heres my costume back in 2005
Willy_Wonka_by_xD00Rx.jpg

Willy_Wonka_Costume_by_xD00Rx.jpg

heres a Wonka hat i made out carboard
35410046.jpg

Last edited:
Here is me wearing my Redballs coat. I had it modified slightly. Had padding put in the shoulders to give them more form and had the cuffs opened and buttons added to make it more screen-accurate. It was a size small - which fit fine, but needed a little hemming to contour more to my body.
The hat was a standard dress top hat which I made the band myself. The gloves are purple latex (bought from a kinky sex shop supplier!)
The goggles are Dr. Peepers brand bought off Ebay. The paisley shirt is just the collar and cuffs that attach under the costume - the color and pattern is accurate to the movie - another ebay purchase, though I cannot recall the seller. The cane and brooch are also ebay finds. Not sure where to get the brooch from again, but it is highly accurate and cast in metal.
My wig was (you guessed it) an EBAY find - it's called a 'pageboy' wig, pretty standard, and with the hat and goggles, looks pretty natural.
As you can see, I pulled the look off quite well (and I don't mind tooting y own horn on that one!)
This was a real fun character to go out as - a LOT of female attention at the clubs and even the guys loved it too (fortunately, not in the same manner as the ladies!)
Hope this helps and inspires!
Wonkacopy.jpg

First off, GREAT job on the costume! You really pull it off well! :)

Second-
Where did you buy the paisley collar and cuff pieces?

I'm trying to put together a costume to put on a mannequin for a lifesized prop. :)

THANKS!
Paul

Ive done Willy
ive been told hes one of my best thoe there are things id like to change
like a new coat and i need to make up a new hat as well
and i just like to make custom Wonka outfits too, and its easy for me cause i kind of dress this way (high collars and frock coats i mean)
SA400024.jpg

16145_1267315480814_1167609243_30848500_6462474_n.jpg

16145_1267320840948_1167609243_30848512_3298741_n.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it is too late to weigh in on this or not, but I did my own Version of Wonka for when I played him in a musical a summer ago, and I did my own coat and such. Basically I can make them if need be, as well as vests etc. My hat is an incredibly affordable custom job so if anyone needs one I can get you the info.
wonka1.jpg

Youll notice that my Nose looks red, and thats because I had broken it and it was in its final stages of healing.
wonka.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back