WED clay?

Look for a laguna clay distributor in your state. It cost me $45 for 100 lbs. apposed to the $70 shipping I would have been charged if I bought it online. Go on the laguna site and search the distributor directory. You'll save a lot of cash, believe me!

45 seems steep for 100... I can get 50 for about 18 bucks, incl tax. But yeah, check with the distributor listing,it's probably worthwhile to drive a bit if you have to. Also, be sure you've got the means and material to keep it workable if your projects are large. I don't think folks prepare enough to do that.

What is WED clay?

"WED clay WED is a mixture of natural water-based clays and mineral oil (possibly amongst other ingredients), which serves to seriously extend the clay's drying time. WED is said to stand for Walter Elias Disney. It was developed to be a very smooth, slow-drying clay for his company's use in animatronics modeling and large sculpts. WED is manufactured by Laguna Clay."

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back