Star Trek Chairs and Backlit LCARS

kertratz

Sr Member
Im just getting settled in my new house and love going into my office / star trek room just to sit and stare at shelves for hours. Ive been in a small apartment for the past few years and never kept my collection at home. Now I have the collection room right down the hall and its so much fun.

Im looking for two specific things that I rarely if ever see around and was wondering if anyone knows where I should start.

The first is a star trek style chair for my desk. I would like something like they had in the conference or ready rooms in TNG or Voyager. I have seen some of the retro TOS chairs before, but have no idea where to look for something to complete my ready room.

Secondly, I want to find a backlit LCARS panel. The space I have for it is very tall, but only about 25" wide. That kinda kills the idea of doing a big MSD display. Was thinking it would be fun to have some generic LCARs panel that was backlit with slots at the bottom to slide in Isolinear chips. That area would be backlit too so that the chips glow.

Any thoughts on where I could start????

Thanks guys!

I just got started on my hobby room. It's not real big only 12'x12' but it is somewhere I can put my stuff instead of in boxes. I bought some glass display cases for a coin vendor that closed up shop but I will need ideas!

I have no useful information for you and not trying to hi-jack your thread.
I will just be watching in hopes of some ideas!:)

Those TNG/VOY chairs were readily available office chairs. I don't know the maker, model numbers etc. off the top of my head, but be warned: They're very expensive! Over a thousand bucks IIRC. They're also no longer made I believe... Anyhow, I'd like to find something affordable as well.

So is there such a thing as 'Parts of Star Trek' that catalogs all the found items in the shows' similar to the 'Parts of SW' website?

It would be a massive undertaking just to compile all the PADD variations.

The first is a star trek style chair for my desk. I would like something like they had in the conference or ready rooms in TNG or Voyager.

E-bay is the only thing I can tell you.

They were Hag ergonomic office chairs, I forgot the model numbers and of course they are no longer being made.

I bought mine in 1996 for 1200.00 when they were retailing for 1600.00.

Last edited:
The chairs used on Voyager were HAG Signet style chairs, model 7700. The one seen in Captain Janeway's ready room, and used in the TNG movies were the Signet model 8400.
Both models have been discontinued by HAG, so ebay or a used furniture store would be the only place you would find them.
And like everyone has said, they were very expensive chairs, so you may not find a used one for cheap.

Terry

I think your touching upon one of my DREAM prop replica ideas which is a recreation of the bridge of the Enterprise D for a movie room. If you want a star trekesque chair and don't mind it not being exactly spot on, many boat/wheelhouse chairs resemble the various captain chairs.

Hi Aaron,

good to hear from you again. What about a chair which Geordi had in engineering? That version looked a lot cheaper to me.

According to the backlit LCARS panels, isn't Jose Ralat (www.okudagrams.com) the man, he calls himself "LCARS God".

Thats exactly what I was looking for with the chair...but of course I cant get one. I wanted the TNG style but I really like the 7700 model. I found a place that had them in stock and called up...whoops...didnt realize I was calling Puerto Rico. Still searchin...

Hi Aaron,

good to hear from you again. What about a chair which Geordi had in engineering? That version looked a lot cheaper to me.

According to the backlit LCARS panels, isn't Jose Ralat (www.okudagrams.com) the man, he calls himself "LCARS God".

Buddy,
the chair of Geordi in engineering is the same brand of Hag - I've seen them in another color - wanna spend 500 €?:love

So if Joe's LCARS God? What am I LCARS king?:lol

OK...Since I cant find the HAG chairs anywhere lets talk about the LCARS display. The area I have to fill is about 30 x 60...big vertical wall space. Since its vertical it kinda kills a MSD display. I need some ideas of panel layouts and graphics, but here is what I have in mind. The main display will be a large LCARS panel. Im thinking I want it to be visible even when not backlit so that when its off I dont just have a big black square on the wall. At the bottom of the panel will be a back lit panel with slots to insert iso chips and standard SNDN decals. The other thing I want to integrate into the display is one of those digital picture frames so that I can have other moving/cycling LCARS images. Not sure if I want the frame to be a separate panel or integrated in as part of the main LCARS display. IDEAS???? Help me out!

Here are some pictures of my ISO Chip box and a larger display made by the same prop builder. i plan to have them build this piece for me too, but need to have a very specific plan of attack as far as what I want.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Sweet LCARS displays!

Were the bridge chairs from ST6 also HAGs? Any idea what series? My current desk chair could use replacement. :)

OK...Since I cant find the HAG chairs anywhere

Ya gotta have faith Bro!

Keep your eyes peeled on E-bay as they come up now and then.

I saw one about 2 years ago for about 700.00, although it was the one used on DS-9.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back