Warehouse 13 - the other props

Along with the Farnsworth communicator, the Tesla Gun and the steampunk computer, there are a number of other interesting props in the show. Here's a safecracker device from "Implosion". It looks like some of those left-over typwriter keys got used.

safecracker1copy.jpg

safecracker2copy-1.jpg

Did anyone attempt a replica of that one? Seems simple ennough. I am curious as to "what's inside" - anyone has better screencaps? There seems to be random wires or whatnot.

Here's my first try at that device. The canister I have is a bit thick, but have an appropriate diameter, The keys are real typewriter keys, I have acquired a bunch for an upcoming keyboard, but those are non-glass-top.

Warehouse 13 Tesla Gun - YouTube
This is the link to my youtube video. It shows it lighting up and loosely describes what it's made of.

It looks great. Good job.

I started test assembling mine last night and workng out if I will try to illuminate it. Found some tubes that look good though not exact. One of them is even TESLA brand. I am using real glass tubes as it won't be handled much, so drilling them for lighting may well cause them to "silver" or go white inside. Will post a progress pic next time I fiddle with it.

Still need to paint my Farnsworth too.

Hey gang,

I just finished up this little guy. I wanted to build a tracking device attachment as seen in Season 2 and most recently in the season 4 finale. I know it isn't 100% accurate, but it cost me less than $5 to throw together! I had most of the parts in my parts-bin. ;)

Pics:
1650249.jpeg

1687455.jpeg

1719809.jpeg

1753392.jpeg

1785302.jpeg

Not bad eh?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this shot!! What I tought were some wires on a black background on the previous shot (and looking at the show) was in fact some kind of metal hinges thingy..? (seriously, what are those???!)

Anyway, thanks a lot!

I found this pic in one of the files on my computer. I have no idea where it's from sorry!

w-1320safe20cracker.jpg

I just ordered a couple of Lego radar dishes to make one or two of them as well. I have all or most of the other bits in my parts drawer.

Hey gang,

I just finished up this little guy. I wanted to build a tracking device attachment as seen in Season 2 and most recently in the season 4 finale. I know it isn't 100% accurate, but it cost me less than $5 to throw together! I had most of the parts in my parts-bin. ;)

Thanks a lot for this shot!! What I tought were some wires on a black background on the previous shot (and looking at the show) was in fact some kind of metal hinges thingy..? (seriously, what are those???!)

Anyway, thanks a lot!

No problemo, happy to help! :)

I never managed to get a good look at how they attached the rods to the back of the little dish. Nearly all of the shots show it from the front so I could never get a good screengrab of it. Has anyone else managed to get any?

Chris, what is the T-shapped piece you have in the dish and what is it fitted in to? I always thought it looked like a "tunable coil" of some kind.

Pics:

1719809.jpeg

Not bad eh?

Last edited:
Hey gang,

Pics:
1650249.jpeg

1687455.jpeg

1719809.jpeg

1753392.jpeg

1785302.jpeg

Not bad eh?

Any chance of getting a pic of the backside of the dish?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back