Looking for possible Mr. Freeze domes

EchoSix

I did a search, but I couldn't find anything.

A friend wants to put together a Mr. Freeze costume and will need a good source for an acrylic dome. More oval than spherical.

Got any sources?

I know I'm picking up an old thread, and yes, I know that this guy is a banned member, but I would like to know where you would be able to find domes like these?

I've tried searching for garden cloches, but the sides are slanted, and that's not what I want...

Used a large garden cloche for this:

CIMG2011.jpg

Think it's 13" across at the base, and cost around £15.

Used a large garden cloche for this:

CIMG2011.jpg

Think it's 13" across at the base, and cost around £15.
I see what you mean, but for what I need, the sides need to go straight down, not slanted - my project isn't for a Mr. Freeze helmet, but it is very similar.

You'll be very lucky to find something like that: in the US, it might be easier, in the UK practically impossible!

My only other suggestion is to look at industrial/streetlighting globes and domes.

Good luck!

I've thought of an idea that's even cheaper - construct the helmet out of two seperate components.
This helmet is not going to be done for Mr. Freeze, so I'll have no problem with a visible seamline - if all goes to plan, nobody will be able to see it anyway.

in the 60's to do the dome's for custom cars they would build a frame to hold it clamp in the plexi then take it to the local pizza place and put it in their oven till hot enough then take it out and air pressure the inside to get the bubble they wanted. or you could try vacuum forming it

These are the guys you wanna do business with dude. Home I got a dome like the one your looking for for a Freeze suit Im working on. Cost $80 Canadian shipping included.

Realize this post is from 4 years ago but just taking a shot. Is that dome glass or plastic? and if its plastic are they still in business??

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back