ULTRAMAN / Working Beta Capsule. Yes, working!!

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I cleaned up my old Beta capsule today. I'd forgotten how well it works with the right crap in it!

I shot a few pics... Figured I'd share.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

A rather simple rig on this. It's really just a self contained flash pot that can be loaded with anything from flash paper to powder. You can also use old flash bulbs if you remove the glowplug.

Last edited:
I have one of Hyata99's from nearly 10 years ago.

Has built in strobe-light

mybetacapsule2.jpg

NICE!!

NOTE: All of these were built from the same run. Gian provided some great reference for what we had at the time.

mybetacapsule2.jpg

My bad, sorry Rylo. I guess 10 years has softened my memory.

It's still my Dream-Prop & the reason I joined the RPF.

My 3 and 7 year olds would KILL for this. I just got them into Ultraman 1966 era. My 3 year old calls me Hayata and my 7 year old will not uncross his arms until I fall over the couch in a heap.

SHIACH !

If anyone does one of these let me know or let me know where can find parts or a toy thats close enough.

KK2

My 3 and 7 year olds would KILL for this. I just got them into Ultraman 1966 era. My 3 year old calls me Hayata and my 7 year old will not uncross his arms until I fall over the couch in a heap.

SHIACH !

If anyone does one of these let me know or let me know where can find parts or a toy thats close enough.

KK2

I am in the same boat as you Ken. I would love to get my hands on one of these. I got my boys into UltraMan and now my 4 year old has taken to using my nose hair trimmer as his beta capsule. :lol

I am in the same boat as you Ken. I would love to get my hands on one of these. I got my boys into UltraMan and now my 4 year old has taken to using my nose hair trimmer as his beta capsule. :lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome. Mine improvised with a Bakugan launcher, but yours win hands down! :lol:lol:lol

Anyone with ideas on beta capsules let me know.

I would LOVE to have one of those too! Still remember the days sitting watching Ultrman and Johnnie Socko and the Giant Robot!!!!

Heres to hoping for a re-visit run of this classic prop! :cheers

I was watching some episodes last week

I was lucky enough to get one of these babies from a friend of mine in Tokyo for X-Mas - Thank God he got me one because there's no chance I would have found one anywhere during my visit this summer -
They only made a limited few that sold out online in a few hours. This was made using the 1 surviving screen used Beta Capsule as a guide - . I've seen them going for 2g now - yeesh
IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

Here's a video showing off what it does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0xxtk9bw5g&feature=related

I know I'm several years late to the party, but I've recently rediscovered this childhood favourite and would like to to know more about this. Have there been further runs, or plans for another one?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back