is there a 1:1 print out of han solo in carbonite

buckettt

trying to make a han solo in carbonite....read somewhere about print outs u can piece together...really could use as reference...I posted in paper forum..but i would imagine this pertains to props...(and gets more views!)

I got your PM but thought I would answer you here. The full size picture I made for mine was just a good hi res photo that I calculated and enlarged to the dimensions of the blue prints on line with a photostudio program. It takes some math to make the size correct. I think it took around 20 or so sheets of printer paper and I just put them together like a giant puzzle. It's the only way I could have made such an accurate copy without the actual prop in front of me.

I thought about the standee too but was not sure if it was to the EXACT size :)

Not 100% sure it's 1:1, but there's a standee that was available. Out of production a while, however.

I made a full sized print as well with several pages. It was temporary for the frame I made.

:)

Resolution wasn't very good though.

Here is a pic of my photo's next to it the finished piece. I cut a board to the correct dimension and fit the photo's to it.

DCP_2509-1.jpg
000_0249.jpg

Last edited:
thanks.... my math is iffy....I'm a good drawer so I guess I'll wing it... I also was going to do a foam build up..with maybe paper meche on top for wrinkles/ details....cast my hands/ boots... wont be as strong as fiberglass but I doubt I'll be dancing with it...!...

The real question is: What is full size?

The Illusive Concepts licensed version, along with all the recasts of it (strangely allowed to be offered here) are known to be small by somewhere between 10%-20%. It is also a re-sculpt and not a direct casting from the original.

Darthchromer,have you still got your file for the full sized version and will you consider putting it in the papreprop forum?
Thanks Mark

This is the one standing in ILM's reception - not sure if its any use, but who knows...

Please click on the thumb for a high-res version of the image.

The real question is: What is full size?

The Illusive Concepts licensed version, along with all the recasts of it (strangely allowed to be offered here) are known to be small by somewhere between 10%-20%. It is also a re-sculpt and not a direct casting from the original.

Very interesting, I too thought it was a direct cast, at least the body section. The cast of Han's head that I used for mine was taken from an IC seems to be to scale for a human head if it were 10-20% bigger it would look to big in my opinion. Maybe Harrison had a big head? :lol Can you fill us in a little more on the IC?

Very interesting, I too thought it was a direct cast, at least the body section. The cast of Han's head that I used for mine was taken from an IC seems to be to scale for a human head if it were 10-20% bigger it would look to big in my opinion. Maybe Harrison had a big head? :lol Can you fill us in a little more on the IC?

I'm interested as well. I owned one way back in the day, and it seemed pretty much the correct size to me.

IIRC, the original was molded for a version that was supplied to Planet Hollywood. A pull was made out of the mold that was used to make the PH version (after it sat around at ILm for a bunch of years) and it was given to IC for reference. But they did not use it directly. They re-sculpted it. Then molded that, added it to the master for the final version, which was then molded again and poorly reproduced.

So we are looking at, at least four chances for shrinkage on a 7 foot item. That's 2%-5% of shrinkage per casting or 8%-20%.

Look really closely at screen grabs of the face, you'll see the differences.

Interesting that the one at ILM has no control panels on it.

Sorry guys, I never did save the 21 individual re sized pictures I made. Never thought I would need them again and I cut up my original copies when I was working on my sculpt. I found this picture below after I did my prints and is better quality. Mine was a lower res version and was very grainy. Hope it helps.

Solo_carbonite200133.jpg

IIRC, the original was molded for a version that was supplied to Planet Hollywood. A pull was made out of the mold that was used to make the PH version (after it sat around at ILm for a bunch of years) and it was given to IC for reference. But they did not use it directly. They re-sculpted it. Then molded that, added it to the master for the final version, which was then molded again and poorly reproduced.

So we are looking at, at least four chances for shrinkage on a 7 foot item. That's 2%-5% of shrinkage per casting or 8%-20%.

Look really closely at screen grabs of the face, you'll see the differences.

Interesting that the one at ILM has no control panels on it.

Thanks for sharing the information. always good to know lineage on a prop.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back