Some new pics of a few of my models...

vaderbreath

Sr Member
Since my son was born, I haven't done much model building, but here are some new quick pics (with that legendary $18.97 Walmart digicam). I know the pics are lousy, but you get the idea...

droids1001.jpg

droids2001.jpg

droids3001.jpg

droids4001.jpg

atat1001.jpg

atat2001.jpg

atat3001.jpg

-Corey
Thanks again, Wackychimp, for the pic hosting!

Thanks, guys. I do most of my weathering with grey, brown, and black acrylics thinned with alcohol. I do a wash, then using q-tips dipped in alcohol, I remove what I don't want. In some cases I also used a little charcoal.

-Corey

The 3PO kit was a Screamin' model I believe. It's 1:6 scale. The R2 was actually the kenner toy, but was some green and chrome droid. I had to sand the whole thing, and completely repaint it. Fun project...I thoroughly enjoyed doing the weathering.
-corey

You can find both the R2 and 3PO kits from Screamin/Kaiyodo in 1:6 scale out there pretty easily.... Elfin released the same exact kits as well but they can be iffy as whether their kits are legal or not. Screamin also put out a 1:4 scale 3PO... wish they had gotten around to a matching R2.... might be a scratchbuild in the future.

Correction: My C-3PO kit was a Kaiyodo 1:6 scale, not the Screamin'. From what I could tell when I was checking these kits out, the Kaiyodo was the nicest one.

-corey

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back