anyone got high res scans of star wars vintage figure backing card?

razorsharp192

Sr Member
just thought of a nice birthday present for someone, i want to customise a vintage star wars figure to look like someone, and have the backing card with a picture photoshopped so they're on it :D

has anyone got high res scans of the front and back of the backing card from a vintage star wars figure?

thanks!

mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

What movie were you thinking of ANH, ESB or ROTJ and which character will you customize since I may have the original card of it. Only thing is it's still at my parents place in the attic so I need some time to look it up for you when I go visit them. So when will you need it the latest? :confused

-Chaim

ah nice one thanks. i was thinking han solo and rotj, but anh or esb would be good too. its not too urgent, his birthday isnt til november :) i just had the idea now so wanted to get it done :)

you can get originals on ebay fairly cheap. just do a search for "cardbacks" or "cardbacking". try different variations with the word "card". i've got several from there.

ah nice one thanks. i was thinking han solo and rotj, but anh or esb would be good too. its not too urgent, his birthday isnt til november :) i just had the idea now so wanted to get it done :)

Hi Mike,

That will give me enough opportunity to look for Han Solo Backing Cards ... I should have several Han Solo's from all three movies. And I can make high resolution scans at work. 1:1 at 300dpi should be OK for printing, right? :confused

-Chaim

I hate to suggest/encourage this, but there are many very good repro cardbacks on ebay. They'll have a small indicator of non-originality on the back, but who cares?

Yes I would say its worth signing up for, its free. And yes the cards are in hi-resolution they changed the site a few years back and now make you sign up to get full access to the card backs because of why? You guessed it eBay. 1000’s are available including all the originals front and back plus customs, lots of tips on making the cards and where to get supplies. Here are a Han 12 back from the site.

there is i had it bookmarked but cant find it right now. go to the ffurg fourms i think they talk about it from time to time

Yes I would say its worth signing up for, its free. And yes the cards are in hi-resolution they changed the site a few years back and now make you sign up to get full access to the card backs because of why? You guessed it eBay. 1000’s are available including all the originals front and back plus customs, lots of tips on making the cards and where to get supplies. Here are a Han 12 back from the site.

thanks for that, looking at the front though, it looks like its been pretty badly photoshopped together where the figure used to be (lines not lining up etc). are they all like that on that site? i cant find that han one you posted either..

i've signed up to that site, just looking through some of the cards, but they're all really bad resolution when you click to see the bigger image, what am i doing wrong?!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back