Warehouse 13 - The Tesla Gun

random closeup, thanks to dr_slurpee

2613671.jpeg

That is fantastic!!! Tutorial please lol what did you use for parts? Specificly the handle area and long part that goes to the bottom

That is fantastic!!! Tutorial please lol what did you use for parts? Specificly the handle area and long part that goes to the bottom

All common materials used for parts. Specific bottles replace the vacuum tubes, the body frame cut from an old teflon cutting board for its strength and covered in aluminum tape, the handle grips fashioned from wood and painted (those are square nuts on the bottom), More teflon circles for the mid-section along with another bottle cut to size and the windows cut out. Inside of it to get the leatherette look just use the back/front cover from an office calendar binder from last year. Narrow aluminum tubes in the front (you can get brass or aluminum from Ace HW). I just used what I had on hand. And so on. :)

Last edited:
StarshipClass

The flat primary and part of the secondary in the background is a particularly thoughtful and appropriate addition. NT would be pleased.

airhead

StarshipClass

The flat primary and part of the secondary in the background is a particularly thoughtful and appropriate addition. NT would be pleased.

airhead

If only he could see us now. What also strikes me is Tesla is (from what I read) actually the father of wireless communications too, but they missed that with the Farnsworth.

Hey I was out today and seen about a 100 fishing reels. I wrote down Shimano Calcutta. I thought that would do it but I just tried to find which one I couldn't I also need a part number. I seen it at Gander Mountian. It is already a gold color. It also looked very much like the part where the little meters are. I can get back there for a while if some one wants to check. But if it is the correct one they are expensive.
Mark

Hey I was out today and seen about a 100 fishing reels. I wrote down Shimano Calcutta. I thought that would do it but I just tried to find which one I couldn't I also need a part number. I seen it at Gander Mountian. It is already a gold color. It also looked very much like the part where the little meters are. I can get back there for a while if some one wants to check. But if it is the correct one they are expensive.
Mark

Makes a certain sense. The Farnsworth is made from fishing gear; the Tesla may well be too. I daresay the prop master is a fly-fisherman.

so in tonights episode we see that the couple have one, artie has one, some bad guy has one, and that guy in the n50's had one. i always thought there was just the one, lol.

im wondering if the actual prop is solid resin tubes, i cant imagine them dealing with a prop like that with so much fragile GLASS.

You know, I think one of the things everyone forgets when dealing with props is that they usually make two, one for close ups that is delicate and probably made with actual glass and one that probably IS made with resin materials to prevent breakage during stunts and action scenes which would explain the odd look on some stills.

If I were making this prop, I wouldn't make it too exact to the prop though. I would actually want to make the tubes removable and therefor replaceable with maybe resin replica tubes simply to prevent that delicate glass breakage.

Watching the newest episode Nevermore with the commentary they mention possibly selling licensed replicas of the Tesla since everyone seems to want them.

D6

On the Sy Fy website they have the show with a commentary that has actors, producers, etc... talking about the episode.

They mentioned that the Tesla is very popular and everyone seems to want one so they are thinking about possibly having them made for sale.
From the sounds of it through Custom Replicas since one of them mentioned having a Nautilus made recently.

D6

Okay, so I'm finally getting ready to try and make an accurate version. The first step was to make a rough sketch to try and figure out dimensions.

Just figured I'd share the rough sketch if it helps out anyone else (measurements are in inches):
4180269061_683f90e560_o.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back