Warehouse 13 - The Tesla Gun

It is the square button on the left side of the pistol on the vertical metal tube, if that is what you are referring to as the valve assembly. Not a good weapon for south paws!

Are you sure? There looks to be a trigger right where you'd expect one... A small black piece that protrudes from frame.

Also, I have some of those vacuum tubes and they are VERY fragile and fairly hard to come by (even 'dead' ones). Smaller tubes are pretty plentiful. The larger tubes are from TVs.

You might have something with using a hacksaw as the frame, then wood as the handle.

Though this all may be moot. You might just want to wait a few weeks (no inside knowledge, just a hunch)...

Also, I have some of those vacuum tubes and they are VERY fragile and fairly hard to come by (even 'dead' ones). Smaller tubes are pretty plentiful. The larger tubes are from TVs.

You might have something with using a hacksaw as the frame, then wood as the handle.

Though this all may be moot. You might just want to wait a few weeks (no inside knowledge, just a hunch)...

The fragile part is what I'm worried about - I've been looking around locally and I can get a suitable long tube for about $15-20 and a short one for about $8-10.

Is there a clear coating or resin that could be applied to the tube to "reinforce" it?

And I agree I think we'll be seeing an announcement for replica Farnsworths and maybe the gun as well soon.

One of the first season on line commentaries (not on the DVDs) mentioned possibly selling replicas of the Tesla Gun.

I'm sure though they'll end up being plastic toys aimed at kids. Might have some usable bits though to make a better one or mold them.

The fragile part is what I'm worried about - I've been looking around locally and I can get a suitable long tube for about $15-20 and a short one for about $8-10.

Is there a clear coating or resin that could be applied to the tube to "reinforce" it?

And I agree I think we'll be seeing an announcement for replica Farnsworths and maybe the gun as well soon.

Try this site: American Science & Surplus : Plastic Bottles and Jars

If you can get a nice clear strong glass (or plastic), you can add some gizmos inside and frost/burn the inside enough so the gizmos are there, but not noticable as parts.

I'm sure though they'll end up being plastic toys aimed at kids. Might have some usable bits though to make a better one or mold them.

I'm not sure this is really a "kids" show though. If anything, I'm hoping more a Diamond Select type situation where, yes they're toys but they're aimed more at adult collectors.

So what's the consensus on the body and handle of the gun?

Is it a found part or customized?

Nothing strikes me offhand being that shape. Might be a custom build because it seems the arm that goes to the tip and the body are one piece, there are no joints.

My plan - cheap hacksaw body, modify the grip and add the second piece joined to the hacksaw courtesy of JB weld. Working on the water pipe valve now.

And it begins.

DSCF1363.jpg

Here's the main body frame drilled out with 4 8/32 threads, the body is in the background, probably going to dremel it tomorrow morning. I also have the rod pieces which I'll be cutting and attaching tomorrow. Then an application of JB weld to fit it all together and start working on the grip frame.

It is the square button on the left side of the pistol on the vertical metal tube, if that is what you are referring to as the valve assembly. Not a good weapon for south paws!

Now that they have introduced Philo Farnsworth's personal Farnsworth, I wonder if this means that we will see Nikola Tesla's personal Tesla? :lol Perhaps his death ray?

David.

This may be an easy way to create the frame:

image_827.jpg

Modern hacksaws are too big. As Kylash pointed out, it's actually pretty small.

Looks like they replaced the tube.

There have been a couple of times where Artie just casually tosses the Tesla into his bag (of holding) and I've been "Aaaaagggh!"

So what's the consensus on the body and handle of the gun?

Is it a found part or customized?

I think that the main frame and handle part is a fabricated piece. If I can find the tubes I will consider having a friend cut it from aluminium or stainless for me. The grip is just resin or rubber molded in place I think. Of course as I said no point getting started if I can't get the tubes.

Zombie any luck digging the ones in the photo out and finding the model numbers?

The tubes look plastic to me, particularly the rear tube. They don't gleam like glass and have a slightly milky sheen like plastic. Of course it could be very dirty glass, but would they let a current use prop get like that? Replacing glass with vacuum formed plastic, or machined plastic would make a less fragile prop.

David.

The tubes look plastic to me, particularly the rear tube. They don't gleam like glass and have a slightly milky sheen like plastic. Of course it could be very dirty glass, but would they let a current use prop get like that? Replacing glass with vacuum formed plastic, or machined plastic would make a less fragile prop.

David.

The 2nd season versions definitely look like something other than glass. Doesn't have the same look.

The frame is definitely a custom build and it looks like one piece unless its been attached, sanded and then painted.

I built my own interpretation of this for a LARP game last year and due to the outdoor nature of the event didnt want to use glass either. I found some nifty acrylic 'test tubes' that have childrens science projects in http://www.areyougame.com/images/items/DCST-0031.jpg

Not sure if its the right size but there are a whole bunch of different ones if you look around that might be possibles for recreating a tesla gun.

With it I built this

teslagun_left.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back