Warehouse 13 - The Tesla Gun

A box of Tesla guns I created. None of them are from the show, but they're 'loosely based' on the show.

I'm working on a more accurate one but thought I'd post these in the mean-time.

4193412669_3590a164ef_b.jpg

A box of Tesla guns I created. None of them are from the show, but they're 'loosely based' on the show.

I'm working on a more accurate one but thought I'd post these in the mean-time.

4193412669_3590a164ef_b.jpg

The one closest to the viewer looks like the nozzle from a garden hose or an air-tool handle.

What is the handle of the long one in the middle made from?

The one closest to the viewer looks like the nozzle from a garden hose or an air-tool handle.

Looks like a cellphone..

Edit: Sorry i did not read that it was the long one you where looking at.

Hey I was out today and seen about a 100 fishing reels. I wrote down Shimano Calcutta.

I'm sure it would just be easier to make it from thick walled brass or copper tubing with the "windows" Dremeled out and brass plates for the ends.

With the tubes I did consider trying to cut the tubes and pull out the innards. Fit the main tube with high brightness blue LEDs as mentioned by someone earlier plus add a Xenon flash tube such as the ones in cameras. Also fit the other two tubes with a couple of much less bright red LEDs for effect. Then refit after filling the tubes with clear resin.

Any electronics could be fitted into the main brass tube body part and possibly the battery but a rechargeable battery could even be put inside one of the rear tubes which would be removable to put into a charger. The charging lead shown in the show doesn't actually have a socket to connect with so something else is needed.

It would be very strong and since this isn't going to be a toy to be played with, keeping the glass would make it look more authentic. My only issues with that are messing up cutting the tubes open if I don't have a good supply of them to work with and replacing the LEDs if any did happen to fail. Resin is pretty permanent.

Last edited:

You know? I have no idea... it was part of a box of spare parts and such that were being thrown out.

I have a couple more:

4591286462_5b2ec76112_b.jpg

4590665787_efb6f9a7d8_b.jpg

4590654093_356714192a_b.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the brass fitting on the handle partis? Is it a gas pipe fitting or something else? It looks a bit small for a water pipe fitting. It is not the sort of stuff I'm very aux fais with. I was an electrician damnit Jim, not a plumber.

Also in Zombie Killer's measurement photo, any ideas what brand/type/model the valves are? Trying to find some and knowing what these are might make it easier.

Alright, the Farnsworth thread has grown ginormous, figured this deserved its own :lol.

dr_slurpee shots:
2791826.jpeg

Zombie Killer measurements:
DSC00077.jpg

Last edited:
since the show is back i figured id bump this up to see if anyone has details about the vac tubes or if anyone was working on making stunt versions

my interest is renewed as well but man... i think this one required more scratch work than the Farnsworth did..

my interest is renewed as well but man... i think this one required more scratch work than the Farnsworth did..

It might have been my imagination, but it looked like the tube in the Tesla that Pete had was just frosted and scarred (as to avoid actual pieces).

I've searched antique stores and ebay and have been unable to find a similar handle. The closest was an antique medical saw.

At this point I'm thinking about just making the pieces out of wood.

I've been looking at the photos and there's a few ways to approach building the body:

1. The arm from the round barrel to the tip seems like its part of a hacksaw or square "rod" bended appropriately.

2. The barrel can be the fishing reel but that would be a fairly expensive piece - as someone previously suggested a piece of copper or aluminum tube with 2 windows cut out would work well. 2 larger round end caps, threaded rod for the 4 connectors and rod pieces for the 6 "spokes" along the tube.

3. My dad was a ham radio operator and had a lot of old school equipment, the tubes definitely remind me of radio tubes that you used to be able to pick up fairly inexpensively. Those are fragile however, so how would you coat or replace the glass to avoid this issue?

4. The grip could be appropriately painted wood or, if you'd like, sheet metal. The valve I've seen in plumbing before.

5. Knobs are definitely off of old radio or lab gear, the opposite side with the 2 "meters" and the low charge indicator could be painted or printed.

One last question, where's the trigger? Is it the valve assembly?

One last question, where's the trigger? Is it the valve assembly?

It is the square button on the left side of the pistol on the vertical metal tube, if that is what you are referring to as the valve assembly. Not a good weapon for south paws!

Now that they have introduced Philo Farnsworth's personal Farnsworth, I wonder if this means that we will see Nikola Tesla's personal Tesla? :lol Perhaps his death ray?

David.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back