Padme Wedding Gown in actual Wedding!

seven

Sr Member
Here is my wife in her Wedding Dress. My mother and sister made the dress (cuz I was not allowed to see it), and it turned out fantastic.
115423652_96ba69f8ac.jpg

I was able to see the actual wedding dress on display at the FIDM to help with some details. My sister said she read some where that the over coat was made from a laced blanket, so she found one on ebay and made the coat out of it. I was skeptical at first when it arrived, but in the end, it was perfect.
115367665_768848d864.jpg

115422640_12d2e4a020.jpg

115421674_05c8f992ca.jpg

The coat was heavy, but it was warm. I know it is not 100% accurate, but it was certainly the talk of everyone whom has seen it.

I'd say, run while you can, but it's too late, so all I can say, is good luck. ;)

But .. nah, have fun, and have a good marriage :)

and I must say, that dress looks mighty fine. :D

Just be carefull of the dark side dude. Check this out- I had this friend who was all: "One day she just shows up with my buddy hiding in a closet and says she doesn't know me anymore. She was blathering about a path she cannot follow. blah blah blah." He was like, "Nooooooo000...". What can I say he's kindof goofy. But its true...

Seriously- What a cool idea. She looks great in that dress. Congrats, long lives together, and happiness to you both.

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. A few of those pics even make it look like you were married on Naboo... water in the background, green grass, nice trees, etc.

Thanks for the complements. My sister was able to find some fabric that had vines already sewn into it. It is really hard to see from the photos, but it is visible near the bottom of the dress. It added a nice touch to it.

The Actual Dress had the over coat pinned to the sides of the dress making it form to NatalieÂ’s figure more. While looking at the dress it seemed to have an organza mesh material that was fitted over the top off the dress and was more loose and flowed as it neared the bottom of the skirt. All the lace patterns were stitched onto the organza and not the actual dress. Her sleeves are the same organza material.

On our dress the sleeves is attached to the coat, almost changing the look of the dress when it was removed.

You're lucky, the best I could get last year was a wedding Padme on top of our wedding cake.
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Weddingcake002.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/Weddingcake001.jpg[/image]

Thanks Wackychimp .

Your wife went to all that trouble and you didn't even consider chopping your arm off and replacing it with a poorly made gold prosthetic? For shame...

Congratulations to you both.

I've loved Padme's wedding dress ever since I saw it in the movie and your wife's turned out beautifully.

frontfulllength4nice.jpg

Weddingdressfullback1.jpg

frontdetailwithsleeves.jpg

sideportraitnice.jpg

Weddingdressportrait1.jpg

Weddingdressheadpieceback1.jpg

headpiecetopnice.jpg

The Padme wedding dress/coat/headpiece took me about 2 years to make.

For the better part of two years I had been searching for materials that would be the closest match and have the most compatible feeling to the materials used in the movie costume.
The costume created for the movie was made from a hand-made, one-of-a-kind, antique bedspread that would be impossible to duplicate.
After searching for over a year, I decided that these materials that I had used are the closest to what would be able to represent the spirit of this costume.
I began construction of the headpiece in late 2003 and constructed the coat and dress in summer of 2004. Growth issues with my daughter caused me to wait to build this costume since it is a very fitted floor-length dress. I wanted it to fit her perfectly for the formal presentation.

I used home décor materials for the fashion fabric of the dress and coat. The dress is fully lined with a satin lining.
The dress is based on Simplicity pattern #9162 view D. I opted to use the neckline and sleeves of view B. I built the dress as sleeveless, and incorporated the sheer sleeves between the fashion fabric and the sleeve facing.
The coat is based on Simplicity pattern #9533 view A. I omitted the lining since I was using a sheer fabric.
I omitted the shoulder roll and cuffs on the sleeves to allow my version to look more like what I am attempting to recreate.
I am not sure whether either of those patterns are even still available at retail.
I used multiple layers of various lace pieces to create the heavily textured ornamentation on the front of the dress and around the front of the coat. I machine basted the larger lace pieces in place and then hand sewed them down. I spend almost 2 months hand-sewing hundreds and hundreds of pearls into the lace to add to the opulence of the over-all look.
The headpiece consists of over a dozen mostly hand-made, vintage lace pieces that I repaired and assembled to recreate the look and feeling of the headpiece worn in the movie. I tea-dyed some of the pieces so they would have the aged look, yet be a more consistent off-white/ivory color. I spent several more weeks hand-sewing hundreds and hundreds of pearls into these pieces. These lace pieces are sewn onto a base.

& before any one asks me to make them one of these, I couldn't possibly duplicate this presentation for all of the time that I put into this piece, as well as the materials I used are also unique. This is a completely one-of-a-kind work of art.

I liked it so much that I also made a doll version:

weddingfullengthdoll.jpg

I used a Hasbro Star Wars Episode II Geonosis Battle Padme 12" doll for this costume. At the time I made this, very few still reference pictures of this costume were available. I searched for properly-scaled materials that would be the closest match and have the most compatible feeling to the materials used in the movie costume, yet be appropriate for the 12" scale. I used ivory-toned bridal satins & sheers for the fashion fabric of the dress and coat. The dress is fully lined with a satin lining. Both the dress and coat are based on a miniaturized versions of full-sized patterns. I used miniture lace pieces to create the textured ornamentation on the front of the dress and around the front of the coat. The headpiece also consists of lace pieces that I assembled to recreate the look and feeling of the headpiece worn in the movie. I hand-sewed many pearls and miniature buttons into the lace to add to the opulence of the over-all look. The doll itself needed to be painted, since her body, arms and legs were all white. My husband created a matching flesh-tone to paint her arms since they can be seen through the sheer sleeves of the dress. He also painted her neckline, since the doll's original outfit was a long-sleeved turtle neck.

What an awesome dress. Thanks for sharing - it looks great and she looks great in it. Best wishes for the future for both of you too. ;)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back