1966 Batman Cowl

Jarvis B

Hi Batfans , Say here's a clay sketch of Adam Wests cowl , Just starting to get the shape worked out, got alot of build up still .
Whats the correct shape for the sideburns and back of the helmet?
DSCF4528.jpg

DSCF4527.jpg

DSCF4526.jpg

Some update pics , It's a little fuller now and I'm looking to refine the shape .
Iv'e added to the length of the back , filled in the sides and reworked the cheeks. Do'es it look like the cap should be taller ?

Anyone have a good shot of a raw shell ?

DSCF4535.jpg

DSCF4531.jpg

DSCF4530.jpg

DSCF4536.jpg

I have a replica cowl... I tried to remove the fabric, but it seems 2-B glued. Took these pics, hope it helps. UR sculpt is looking great! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Sweet are you just doing the shell? I've always wanted one of these cowls but they cost 600.00 and up and there is now way I could ever swing that! I'll be watching this one!:thumbsup

Re: 1966 Batman Cowl update

Here's some update pics ,
I added clay to top of the shell reshaped the cheeks and eye's and added to the back.
DSCF4548.jpg

DSCF4547.jpg

DSCF4555.jpg

DSCF4552.jpg

DSCF4550.jpg

DSCF4554.jpg

DSCF4553.jpg

If anyone wants to chime in and check the sculpt please do ,
What do you think of the overall shape ? Is the nose is to thin? where is there work needed . Looks I'll have to reshape the top .
Thanks for looking ;)

R u just making the shell or are making the completed cowl? I would like to get a shell if you offer them! I have a pattern someplace of the material for the cowl if you want, I can get it to you when I find it.:thumbsup

Will the shell be thinner that what the clay looks like? Whatever I'm going to want one! Keep it going!:thumbsup

I agree on the eye I'll take care of that tonight , As far as the casting goes the shell should be about 1/8 thick when done.

I made a few adjustments buy reshaping the top , making the back flatter , sloping the forehead some nose work ,sideburns and the Eyes ( which I just caught being a little uneven ).
I redid the eyes by doing a re sized cutout of Marks cowl picture and then placing the eye shape on the clay and tracing onto the sculpt , seamed to work .
Anyway here's the pics
DSCF4556.jpg

DSCF4557.jpg

DSCF4558.jpg

DSCF4559.jpg

Query: Were the 'sideburns' that long on the original?
I have ALWAYS wanted a Batman:TOS cowl! I am up to get one if you are doing a run.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back