Building The Falcon NAV chair

Stormy320

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm off and running and looking for help.

Here is what I have so far. The support strut is way too long and I need to cut it down.

Let me know your thoughts and ideas please.

Does anyone happen to have a higher resolution version of this picture or any other pictures of the chair?

I'll see if I can find any higher res. pix of this shot. I have a collection of the Falcon. bleyd7475@yahoo.com
What are you using for the base of this? . It's not the aces 2 is it a martin baker seat?

Last edited:
It's not much help, but Anthony Daniles pointed out to me that they used bubble wrap around the seat belts.

Last edited:
I'll see if I can find any higher res. pix of this shot. I have a collection of the Falcon. bleyd7475@yahoo.com
What are you using for the base of this? . It's not the aces 2 is it a martin baker seat?

Yea- I'm pretty sure it's a Martin Baker Mk4 variant.

I had my seat angled too much in the above pic and I have fixed that issue.

Really looking forward to see this one progress, I used to own a full Martin Baker Mk4 out of an ee lightning (which I don't think was the correct variant but was still cool and very heavy). Anyway good luck and look forward to the updates! have always wanted to make and never got around to.

Yea- I'm pretty sure it's a Martin Baker Mk4 variant.

I had my seat angled too much in the above pic and I have fixed that issue.

I wanted to post an update on this project.

I guess you would call this the "middle" section of the chair.

An easier chair to replicate would be the on to the right of 3p0. Find a tractor from 1940, take the seat and then prime it. Ta-da.

Ya beat me to it! I was just gonna say.... :lol Yeah, I'm a farm boy who grew up around a lot of old machinery, and I never noticed that old tractor seat before.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back