WIP: Harry Potter - Memory and Felix Felicis vials

juno

Sr Member
I'm lucky enough to have a couple of friends at a glass blowing studio. We're dorking around with making the Memory and Felix Felicis vials from Half-blood Prince.

The process is fairly simple: We sit down and discuss the reference photos and the guys go into the hot shop (where the glass blowing is done) and work up prototypes. We then sit down again and the prototypes are marked up with Sharpie and the process begins all over again. When they are done they'll be able to reproduce them fairly accurately (of course each one is hand-blown, so each one will be unique). The guys were pretty sure the pieces in the movie were hand-blown.

These are the first prototypes. For size reference, the large felix vial could hold almost a shot glass:

3775332035_a344531d6a.jpg

3776137592_2f25ab3d3e.jpg

Those are awesome! Now we just need to source the cabinet where Dumbledore kept all his memory vials. That would be a great display.

Maybe I just didn't know where to look, but I went through all of my DVD's and I couldn't find it. It wasn't in the tour of Dumbledore's office from Chamber of Secrets, but then again, I don't think that even had a case for the pensieve like in Goblet of Fire.

Awesome work Tif!:thumbsup
If you could laser cut the labels it will be perfect!!!
(And probably I wouldn't mind a felix felicis or a memory vial too!:D)

My plan exactly! I'm trying to source the art for the labels. I've got a couple of display ideas too that involve copious use of a laser cutter.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back