WIP: Harry Potter - Memory and Felix Felicis vials

I visited the Chicago exhibit last week. I was able to compare my prototype to the real deal, mark it up, take measurements, etc.

Just turned in the markups to Zack and hopefully I'll have a new prototype /final version on Friday!

Those are awesome...

On a related note, I can't believe that no company has made an energy shot based on the Felix Felicis potion in the movie. I'd think that would be a natural piece of merchandising...

Well, I just came back from the hot shop. Apparently they misunderstood my wanting to see another prototype. They made 15 vials, but they didn't meet my standards.

Unfortunately in order to get the precision I want (I have them working from a dimensioned drawing) it looks like I'm going to switch to having them flameworked.

I didn't let them recycle the ones they'd made (they had already been cold-worked, so it seemed like a waste of labor to just chuck them back into the furnace). I may offer these castoffs at a deep discount. They're all VERY beautiful, just not the exactness my inner Potter nerd requires.

I'll post photos later.

Well, this isn't an interest thread. I'll post in the junkyard if I decide to go that route. However, I'll still post photos for those of your following along.

I'm more interested in the ones you're still working on, but after you post the pics I may be interested in these as well. I'm a HUGE Potter nerd! Having seen these things first hand, up close, I'm even more of one. I wished I could have taken some photos, but that wasn't allowed. I can say, without a doubt, some of the most detailed and amazing prop work I've ever seen.

Here's an example of a failure. The lip and neck are too big and the bottom balls are too large as well. Of the 15 I have, some might have balls that are too small, or the whole vessel is sized too small or large and the neck or lip might be too small or too large.

3910682072_5532c7d542.jpg

Well, it looks like these are going to be it. My glass folks just think it's too much work to keep doing them. :unsure I think they're just tired of prototyping and such for me. They're calling it impossible to reproduce.

Thankfully they're all pretty close. Now to pick the one for me to keep.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back