Hot toys...Who has some?

captain1.jpg

I was pretty happy with the "Platoon" figures they did.
P1110560.jpg

P1110553.jpg

P1100856.jpg

this last shot is before I had all of the pieces and was using some random gear for Sheen. the gear is crap but the pic is pretty clear.
P1100751.jpg

some of their "nude" figures were quite well done and workable into other figures as well.
The shorter "slim truetype" came with a Terrence Howard sculpt.
P1090847.jpg

The caucasian "advanced truetype" resembled Dominic Purcell. I used mine for a "Blade Trinity" Drake figure.
P1090844.jpg

P1090849.jpg

Speaking of Blade.. I missed out on that figure :( but I got pieces together to make my own.. one such piece was the African american "Advanced Truetype"
I swapped the head onto a different body and combined it with a suit from a Donald Trump figure and I have my first presidential figure.
P1090839.jpg

Say whatever you will about the man or his presidency, the figure looks nice. ;)

I've seen the controversy around the Indy figure but it doesn't bother me... I'm still getting it.
An honorable mention goes to the Abigail Whistler figure.
P1100357.jpg

P1100359.jpg

Last edited:
I think among the best 1/6 figures today remain the Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeletons. They are UNIQUE, amazing craftsmanship, great details and awesome poseability (each finger and toe can be posed separately). I have both Regular and Battle-Damaged Endos. I also have a few other Hot Toys figures like the Appleseed trio: Deunan, Briareos and Tereus, HT Predator 1, Predator 2 Battle Damaged (with glow in the dark paint apps on him) and She-Predator Machiko.

2yl342q.jpg

i just pre-ordered the tumbler, hope i dont live to regret it.

I hear the first run had some lighting issues. :/

The plus side to the Hot Toys lines is that if you receive it (don't open it) read lots of reviews and then decide you don't want it you can sell it for about 125% its worth or more.

I have a few:

Godfather
Superman
Joker V.1
Bank Robber Joker
Harvey Dent

I pretty much stopped collecting them after their prices crossed the $200 mark. I was pretty close to getting Tech Noir Terminator but just couldn't at that price. They do put out impressive stuff, however.

My new addiction!
So far I have Thor and Odin, I have Loki on order.
I also just located an Iron Man mkIII that didn't require me to sell a kidney to get it :lol I'd love try and do the Hall of Armour but cost will probably get in the way of that.

Can't get over the level of detail on them, it's very hard to settle for other brands once you've had them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back