Hot toys...Who has some?

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang,

I don't have any of the Hot toys figures, but recently I've had my eye on a few, joker, ironman, the new wolverine coming out , terminator...do they really look as good as they do in the photos?

Are they worth the money? In other words are you happy with your purchase?

Also are the pieces and parts for sale on ebay, fanmade? Just pop off the head of a $100 + figure and pop on a new one???

Thanks
mike

Hey gang,

I don't have any of the Hot toys figures, but recently I've had my eye on a few, joker, ironman, the new wolverine coming out , terminator...do they really look as good as they do in the photos?

Are they worth the money? In other words are you happy with your purchase?

Thanks
mike

YES! :thumbsup

I've been collecting toys for years, (mostly vintage) but recently I have purchased Hot Toys 12" figures. Although the price tag is a little hefty, they are worth the price. I know in the case of the bank robber Joker the paint job on the head was incredible in person. Matched the pic I had seen.

As far as the individual parts on ebay, I believe vendors buy up figures and then split up the accessories and sell them by the piece. They make slightly more per figure by doing it that way.

A lot of collectors like to piece together their favorite versions and such. I know, I'm one of them.

And yes, things pop on and off these figures, so things are interchangeable.

Worth it?
It depends on your point of view, but I think "yes". I have five myself, one of which is the Power loader with Ripley from Aliens that came out a year or two ago.

Some parts can be very fiddly, and some have been known to break right out of the package. If you can over look this, I'd suggest picking up one. The few pieces that have broken on me were minor and easy to fix.

Worth it?
It depends on your point of view, but I think "yes". I have five myself, one of which is the Power loader with Ripley from Aliens that came out a year or two ago.

Some parts can be very fiddly, and some have been known to break right out of the package. If you can over look this, I'd suggest picking up one. The few pieces that have broken on me were minor and easy to fix.

Well...I wouldn't say that's enitirely true.
No, these aren't your 12" Hasbro figures. There are TONS more detail, articulation and sculpts not intended for kid play but rather for the collector. Of all the ones I own, so long as you don't manhandle them and you don't just start pulling and twisting pieces without doing a little research, you can get much adult "playability" and poseability galore. I recommend Michael Crawford's site for reviews. Just about every reveiw I've read on a figure I was getting ready to buy has been spot on.
http://www.mwctoys.com/

I got a Briareos -absolutely love it
but is it worth its price? thats all subjective. I think my Briareos is.
But just consider this for the price I paid for one, I could have got a pretty nice helmet kit.....

I am now looking to get a Dog Alien...... any1 got a cheap one goign :D

ironman4b.jpg

ironman1b.jpg

ironman6b.jpg

I can, without a doubt say that, yes, they do look as good as the pictures.

I'm another YES. Got 2 of the 3 Iron man (mk 2 in the mail) - the Mk1 is ridiculously awesome with all the details. Hose and pipes everywhere! Very cool.

Sure, I'd love it if the prices were a little lower, I'd get more!

UHH! that Ironman is incredible! That's one on the list
Thanks for the replies.

Another question, are they all pretty much the same quality? In other words is say, does the robocop seem cheaper made then say ironman? ( I don't mean this in the literal sense...but do some figures you have seem better quality than others?)

mike

The more complex the figure, the more you have to be carefull with them.

Like the Alien warrior I have, I don't have to be as carefull with it as I do with the Terminator endoskeleton.

And I should rephrase what I said earlier, not all of the HT figures have breakage problems.

If you really want a Hot Toy "dollie" wait about 6 months after the debut of the specific item. After that start checking eBay and other reseller websites for the best deal. Sometimes you can save up to 20-40% off the Hot Toy price.

Cannibal Jack off of eBay:
01Jack_resize.jpg

02CannibalJack_resize.jpg

03Parts_resize.jpg

04Cannibalparts_resize.jpg

05Jackparts_resize.jpg

Have you see the new ones they are getting ready to release? Their freakin' eyes move!!!!!! :eek

Hot toys has no equal IMO. I just got Two Face the other day and have the other Dark Knight figures. They are all great.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back