Back to the Future

Headline Comics :)

Sydney-20121126-00032.jpg

They are going to sell a replica of Hill Valley Telegraph from BTTF1.

"Creekside Digital was selected to digitize the original screen-used Hill Valley Telegraph newspaper prop from the movie “Back to the Future” that Michael J. Fox’s character pulls out of a trash can upon his arrival in 1955 to confirm that he has indeed traveled back in time.

The original newspaper is shown here being captured on our i2S CopiBook HD600 overhead scanner. This equipment allows us to capture items up to 17″ x 25″ quickly and at a very high level of quality, and we use it to shoot quite a number of newspapers, manuscripts, scrapbooks, ledgers, photographs, and other loose and bound items. In addition to the digitization, Creekside Digital was asked to manually retouch out all of the flaws in the images such as wrinkles and yellowing. Soon, pristine reproduction copies of this prop will be available for sale, with proceeds benefiting the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research."

Digitizing "Back to the Future" | Creekside Digital

They are going to sell a replica of Hill Valley Telegraph from BTTF1.

"Creekside Digital was selected to digitize the original screen-used Hill Valley Telegraph newspaper prop from the movie “Back to the Future” that Michael J. Fox’s character pulls out of a trash can upon his arrival in 1955 to confirm that he has indeed traveled back in time.

The original newspaper is shown here being captured on our i2S CopiBook HD600 overhead scanner. This equipment allows us to capture items up to 17″ x 25″ quickly and at a very high level of quality, and we use it to shoot quite a number of newspapers, manuscripts, scrapbooks, ledgers, photographs, and other loose and bound items. In addition to the digitization, Creekside Digital was asked to manually retouch out all of the flaws in the images such as wrinkles and yellowing. Soon, pristine reproduction copies of this prop will be available for sale, with proceeds benefiting the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research."

Digitizing "Back to the Future" | Creekside Digital

Yep. That's my original Hill Valley Telegraph newspaper (<---It's the paper in my avatar photo) being scanned for the upcoming set I will be offering in December. These guys do some really nice work. There's more info about this project in my Junkyard thread. :cool

Prize question:

It has a front cover from 1984, the rear is an advert from 1940 and the inner pages are from 1973. What is that?

Correct: It's the "Tales From Space" comic from "Back To The Future".

And here is your prize:

I made two versions of the comic. The first version has the screen accurate "Golden Age" comic size of 7 1/3 x 10 1/4 inches and contains scans of the complete "Secrets of Sinister House" comic #9 inner pages, which is the same as the screen used comic. I call it the hero version. The front cover is a scan of Andrew Probert's original "Tales From Space" artwork and the rear is the 100 % screen accurate "Red Ryder" ad from "Flash Comics" December 1940. All 36 pages are high quality 600 dpi scans. I bleached the yellowed comic pages and cleaned them up a little bit.

Please note: The files are very large, 358 MB each. So please download just the version you need - A3 for international users and US-Tabloid for US users!!! And don't use this version for glueing the cover on a real "Sinister House" comic. It's the wrong size.

You need 9 sheets of large paper double-sided printed for this version.

US-Tabloid version: Tales_From_Space_hero_version_complete_comic_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_print_version_US-Tabloid.pdf

A3 international version: Tales_From_Space_hero_version_complete_comic_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_print_version_A3.pdf

If you just need the cover and want to glue it on a real "Sinister House" comic to reproduce the production made props, use my stunt version, which contains just the cover, no inner pages. The "Red Ryder" ad and the cover are slightly smaller here and the cover is cropped on the right side (next to the girl in pants). This should fit on the "Bronze Age" sized "Sinister House" comic.

You need 1 large (self-adhesive) paper sheet for this version.

US-Tabloid version: Tales_From_Space_stunt_version_cover_only_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_print_version_US-Tabloid.pdf

A3 international version: Tales_From_Space_stunt_version_cover_only_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_print_version_A3.pdf

If you want to buy a printed version, please take a look at the junkyard in a few minutes! :)

And here are some preview pics.

Hero version:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Stunt version:

attachment.php

Awesome work Roland, great stuff as always. What type of paper would you recommend for printing the cover?

Thanks. :)

I'm not sure, which type of paper they used for the real prop. Maybe it's just ordinary office paper. If you want to have a "real" 1950's comic, I recommend to use thin 50-60 g/m² newsprint paper. For my own copy (and my sales copies) I use white 80 g/m² paper sheets for the inner pages and a white 120 g/m² paper sheet for the cover.

Thanks. :)

I'm not sure, which type of paper they used for the real prop. Maybe it's just ordinary office paper. If you want to have a "real" 1950's comic, I recommend to use thin 50-60 g/m² newsprint paper. For my own copy (and my sales copies) I use white 80 g/m² paper sheets for the inner pages and a white 120 g/m² paper sheet for the cover.

Roland first of all thanks for your work. Really you are incredible, I try to make my own grays sport almanac and your files are simply perfect.
For the comics you're right 60 g/m^2 is perfect, but is difficult to print at home with this paper.
I am really curious to see your props' collection in my mind i imagine a big house full of props :)

Thanks for your kind words, guys. I'm glad to hear that you like the comic. :)

... I am really curious to see your props' collection in my mind i imagine a big house full of props :)

One year ago, when I registered in the RPF, my only "prop" was my Star Trek outfit (uniforms, phasers, communicators). I found the RPF because I was searching for a good copy of the blue "clock tower" flyer. So my prop collection is much smaller than you'd think and most of the paper props are still unprinted on my hard disc. But one day I'll beat Alan Castillo and his collection! :D:D:D

Thanks for your kind words, guys. I'm glad to hear that you like the comic. :)

One year ago, when I registered in the RPF, my only "prop" was my Star Trek outfit (uniforms, phasers, communicators). I found the RPF because I was searching for a good copy of the blue "clock tower" flyer. So my prop collection is much smaller than you'd think and most of the paper props are still unprinted on my hard disc. But one day I'll beat Alan Castillo and his collection! :D:D:D

cool story, I think you can beat Castillo if you want ;)

Hi, today I found a bag similar as blast from the past bag

feibls.jpg

I know is not the same, because the pattern is different. Tommorow I will buy a big size of this bag, but i don't know how I can print over that. Maybe with a stamp of logo (Roland can you help me? I remember you buy a personalized stamp,right?)

I found a box too

2vm5yj7.jpg

I have a red cap of "caffè vergnano" box (for italian user), this box is 11.5 cm X 33 cm... Little bit small but it's ok for me

Hi, today I found a bag similar as blast from the past bag

feibls.jpg

I know is not the same, because the pattern is different. Tommorow I will buy a big size of this bag, but i don't know how I can print over that. Maybe with a stamp of logo (Roland can you help me? I remember you buy a personalized stamp,right?)

I found a box too

2vm5yj7.jpg

I have a red cap of "caffè vergnano" box (for italian user), this box is 11.5 cm X 33 cm... Little bit small but it's ok for me

That bag might make for a unique custom hoverboard too!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back