Some Recent works on Iron Man 2 replica : MARK IV / VI Statue / Armor W.I.P

Leslee are you displaying the cap suit with head bust ?

Maybe ...... More prefer to display the suit like this : ;)

ca-tws001.jpg
captain_america_winter_soldier_costume_l.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start saving my money

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start saving my money

Thanks bro . We gonna hit the button on May ..... stay tuned . ;)

Added some tube lines and plates on it, fine tuning and make it looks good even under other parts covering :)
Enhancing some lower armpit too :p

060_zpsqgrujq2p.jpg

nice. Such details wil make a huge difference to the look of any armor. :thumbsup
How will you produce these? Molds? 3D prints?

nice. Such details wil make a huge difference to the look of any armor. :thumbsup
How will you produce these? Molds? 3D prints?

Thanks . Will try our best to put in all the details into this suit and statue . ;)

Yes , will cast this in soft material for wearable and Hard material for statue version .

Here is some rendering for the suit model, extended up from biceps a silver band. It's going to seam the biceps and shoulder armor well with that :)
Mk43-1_zpsomk5u3qb.jpg

Mk43-2_zpssfqch5c3.jpg

and half the suit in render shade (I'm just product guy not cgi artist... not familiar in adding texture effect to it lol....)
Mk43-5_zps7t5tjjif.jpg

Let's see how it turned out :D

The only thing that concerns me will be mobility in this suit. When adding these armpit pieces, elbow and rear knee pieces you do get a full enclosed armor that looks great but you can't move.

These rubber underpieces will need to be be super flexible and cast as colored silicone or something, since painting a ultra flexible item is basically not going to happen. Person wearing this is gonna be HOT, sweaty and stinky :D

Ha... I think it's gonna be thinner piece to bring more flexibility to movement, for sure we need to try out some other option for material.
What lucky is the big armpit part is in single color, so if there is way to thin with color in silver may works too :)

The only thing that concerns me will be mobility in this suit. When adding these armpit pieces, elbow and rear knee pieces you do get a full enclosed armor that looks great but you can't move.

These rubber underpieces will need to be be super flexible and cast as colored silicone or something, since painting a ultra flexible item is basically not going to happen. Person wearing this is gonna be HOT, sweaty and stinky :D

Yes.. most of the flexible parts will be cast by urethane rubber color tinted for easy movement. All the joint parts and insert parts, But the waist armor should remain the same hard rubber material painted. ; )

Yes.. most of the flexible parts will be cast by urethane rubber color tinted for easy movement. All the joint parts and insert parts, But the waist armor should remain the same hard rubber material painted. ; )

I wonder why you make the waist section in rubber? I can see that fiberglass would be VERY heavy and not great. It is great to keep the weight down, which is probably the idea.

The material you have in your MKIV/VI is flexible but only at the expense of the paint since the paint is not flexible. Have you thought about thermoforming it in ABS? The detailing might be a bit hard to get right, but it's just a thought.

I think I said it before but I like repeating myself (not really, I just forget if I said it... old age you know).

Make sure that you scale all of the parts to someone the size of the the actual suit. The gloves and fingers should be around a size 11/12, the openings of the arm parts and leg parts should also be scales for a large person.

There was some modification required on my part to get my big knees to fit comfortable in the bottom of the thigh and top of the shin and the rubber insert on the wrist was a bit small.

All of this was modifiable, but it would be great if it didn't have to be :D

I know with your attention to detail and maybe a little input from a big guy you're going to get a home run on this one.

Come on man! Start producing it and assembling it!!!!!! XDD

This is toooooo perfect ! :love I love it!

And then sell the suit for 1.2 billion dollars! haha xD

Finally received the 1st printed piece , im really pleased with the results , my buddy did really great job as always , very pleased with the sharp details and line of the pieces .

IMG_0157%20B.jpg

IMG_0156%20B.jpg

IMG_0147%20B.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back