eFX TIE Fighter

Spiker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
img9311.jpg

img9310.jpg

Cool, bout time those guys announced the std variation :lol Put it this way, i reckon, eFX may get money out of me this time around, thanks for posting Phillip!

bests......lee

I'm really liking the police tape surrounding the Tie's, Very nice indeed. Again closer pics would be great but they are looking good so far. Even Kirmit cant take his eye's off em?

Im glad they decided to release it. Looks like a very nice ANH version. Releasing it should be a smart move by eFX.(y)thumbsup

Last edited:
Looks awesome. I like the both Tie-Fighter much more than their X-Wing. And it seems they will offer a Kermit as Reporter too in the nearer future:)

Over at muppet central they have photos of Rizzo (excellent by the way), and a better shot of the piggy head. The Kermit is just for the display, no word either way if they plan on releasing him with that costume.

As long as it's cleaner and not warped, I'll get one. THAT is the main draw for me, and is something I've not seen in a garage kit of the TIE yet. If we can mod it to accept Kool Shade, it'd be perfect!!

I can't remember who it was, but one of the guys from EFX posted that the point of these was to offer them at a lower price. They won't need the weathering effort put into the x-wing.

This will probably get my pounds and pence as well :)

Could EFX try to get something worked out on shipping this time for international buyers please.

US buyers of the X Wing got free shipping.

Shipping costs...eFX is obviously constrained by the prices FedEx charge, but, of interest to our overseas customers, is the addition of USPS's services when the X-wing goes on sale. USPS are far more competitive for overseas deliveries and can save our customers some serious money. Barry

International buyers were told there would be shipping options but it never happened. At the time of signing up FEDEX was the only option and we were told it was just for the signing up and options would be given later.

I ordered my X Wing but the only Shipping Methods available were with FedEx International Economy or FedEx International Priority at checkout.
In the November newsletter it said that international customers would get the option of USPS and also be able to see the shipping options and the associated costs. I didn't appear to be able to see these options.
Will this option be available when you make the final payments?

Yes indeed. That option will be available when the X-wings are in stock and ready for deliver.
Barry

Next thing I knew a box was at my door shipped by Fedex Priority International costing about $250 dollars + £170 import tax. Which meant UK buyers paid about $500 more than US buyers for the same item. It is one of the only things that may sway me off getting the TIE. Possibly they could use a retailer like The Prop Store of London (as they have done Alien pulse rifles, Korben Dalls blasters etc for other companies).

Hopefully some international shipping options this time even a small saving would help.

Chris

Last edited:
As long as it's cleaner and not warped, I'll get one. THAT is the main draw for me, and is something I've not seen in a garage kit of the TIE yet. If we can mod it to accept Kool Shade, it'd be perfect!!

Exactly what I want, that's the main reason I got a MR Y-wing reapinted instead of a kit. The Tie needs to look super crisp and clean, it's such a beautiful design, my favorite ship along with the Y-wing and Slave I

GFollano

Kewl! I wasn't aware they had been able to scan the one on tour yet. Looks like they did! It will be interesting to see how they handle the koolshade areas. :)

Yup, my sentiments Jason, i nice clean, wonk free TIE :lol Id go with the assumption it is a molded Koolshade pattern, much like Steves std kit, at the right price, i can live with that, and as Chris said, im hoping we guys over the pond dont get reamed with shipping costs etc etc, well done eFX for doing this, now, they gotta do the X1 :eek

lee

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back