Iron Man 2 Armor - mk3 VERSUS mk4

One detail I like on th MK 4 are the gauntlets. The "pad" on the back of the hand extend over the knuckles. This may suggest the use of some super powered boxing at some point in the film.

hahah... you stole that joke from Friends :lol

Totally :)
But it's always a good one to shoehorn into any comic chat round these parts.
Likewise, Black Sabbath gigs have been ruined for my best mate due to "Does whatever an iron can!" gags :D

As for the new suit - I like both equally, I guess... The new one looks like what it is, a slightly refined version of the old. Can't really see where any of the changes are going to improve performance or poseabi-... Sorry, maneuverability. ;)

Im sittting here with....what I thought was the MARK 3 HOT TOYS..figure.

Its not the Old Suit. Its the NEW ONE.

Anyone notice that?

Frank

Overall looks good except for the chunky thighs. What's with that?

And the recessed abdomen makes it feel like he's hunched over.

Just the entire torso section has bad lines. Your eyes aren't drawn up and down, but rather to the abs and it just stops and gets confined.

Last edited:
I wanted to do a sideview comparison but can't find a sideview of the new armor-

Mk 3 vs Mk 4

2686401243_fce02e30a8.jpg
3762669759_bee2c6a4ee.jpg

3757310372_e1686e833c_b.jpg

3763341857_97832d3ac4_b.jpg

3756861560_af8e822a1c_b.jpg

3750004148_af3217de2b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I like it a lot! Count me as a fan of the gold abdominal accents, too.

Is it just me, or is the helmet a tad more streamlined?

This suit grow more and more on me.. However i do Not belive this will be the epic suit for the movie. I personally belive the olny reason to show us this armor now is because they got another one more important to show us. I do belive we will se another suit beside mark V and The Warmachine.

And i belive it has a diamond chest.

I hate the diamond chest. A diamond shape on the chest says "Superman" in the superhero game.

Adi Granov has talked about this very issue in interviews and wishes he didn't have to draw the diamond chest in the comics.

2543216438_823e9d4d77_o.jpg

Thanks to the films a glowing circle is now becoming an icon for Iron Man and I'd hate to see them screw that up.

Nick

I loved the film and I can't wait for the next one!

I agree with whomever said they wouldn't have noticed the changes unless they saw the suits side by side. I'm right there with you!

With that being said, I love both suits. It's completely logical to me that Tony would constantly tinker and modify his designs for various reasons.

Go Robo!

No, wait. Go Iron Man!

:D

Great photos, everyone! You can even see the Mark 2 or War Machine in those last two shots on the right hand side.

Neat!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back