Museum Replicas SW costumes

If anyone can post super close up pics of the imperial guard and luke rotj fabrics, I can post comparisons of them next to the real deal.
I'm curious to see how close they got.

More importantly, I'm curious to know if the actual production pieces will be 100% identical to these prototypes.

I'd be very nervous about pre-ordering anything from them.

They also have chrome plated resin "stunt" lightsabers at $99 each.

I wonder how these will turn out.

Museum Replicas is a horrible company..Their name is very misleading. Their products are cheaply made and they overprice their junk

Imho of coarse

if you look at the individual pieces, it seems like their pricing was pulled out of thin air. Some items seem very reasonably prices, while others not so much...But yeah, I'll remain skeptical until I can see the pieces for myself.

What I don't like is how poorly displayed the costumes are on those mannequins - there's no pizzazz to the whole deal.

I am no expert, but that Luke Skywalker Medal Ceremony jacket looks way off in terms of color - it doesn't look anywhere near that bright yellow in behind the scenes reference photos or on screen. Hoping it's a prototype.

The only one that, on first glance, looks really good to me is the Luke ROTJ. Cloak looks good (again, at first glance) and the overall outfit looks really pulled together. Would be nice to see the base garments without the cloak, though.

19053350.jpg

3748152381_debfa220e4_o.jpg

3748940076_c2da9a56b0_o.jpg

3748151917_0131b81102_o.jpg

3748151939_d276d57ffc_o.jpg

Last edited:
well they're dreaming on the prices. an imperial officer is $625 but the padme apartment gown is $675. either ones over prices or one is underpriced. how the hell can padme gown with all the extra beadwork only be an extra $50 over the imperial officer.

doesn't make sense does it

Obviously, I would be interested in seeing more pictures, especially of the various costume components, but I don't think they look all that bad.

Although the "small, medium, large" sizing options don't seem all that impressive.

Sean

well they're dreaming on the prices. an imperial officer is $625 but the padme apartment gown is $675. either ones over prices or one is underpriced. how the hell can padme gown with all the extra beadwork only be an extra $50 over the imperial officer.

doesn't make sense does it

Perhaps the boots are the difference? Adding boots to the Jedi costumes ups the price, it seems.

I agree, that Luke jacket is too lemony. Needs to be more mustard. Maybe it's the light.

The officer uniform looks really thin... it might not be lined. Tough to tell but it's pretty wrinkly :unsure I know of a fan made one that seems to lay a lot better but again it'd be better to see it in person.

I would have to respectfully disagree that the Padme gown is good....in fact, it does not look like the they changed the prototype at all from last year. Many well-respected costumers from the RL(LCJs) offered to provide criticism and critique of the product but the company declined our offer :( And I know of at least one story where they had LFL approval on a trim and decided against it due to price. The fact that they also abandoned their idea for a hairpiece for this Padme means it is not a complete costume(but they did have it on the prototype last year). I am not sure if they are including it since it is not listed in the description. I will be going by their booth at D*C so I am sure I will have a most delightful chat with them again(as I did last year).

This was all i managed to get. I don't feel like the luke is very close (especially the cloak) but it does look decent on their display.

100_3090.jpg

100_3089.jpg

100_3091.jpg

100_3092.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back