Hello,
I am building ayet another 1:1 Lifesized to add
to my way to big collection.

I am buildingf a mark III IRON MAN.

Who here knows who I could get to do gold chroming
of the helmet and body parts, and maybe the Hot Rod RED
in the final version of the film?

I live in Washington state.

If someone would like to tackle the job and do the build for me, I can ship the entire costume etc.

Of course, goodies for your services!

Thanks'
Tom

I agree, the accurate gold for the suit is a dull gold, but man! The gold chrome is just jaw dropping. I have one of kookoo's helmets as well and people always drool when they see it.

I'm also in Washington (Spokane). I was thinking of having an Endoskull chromed gold. I just think it would be a cool and unusual color. Maybe change the eyes to a green LED?

If I chromed it silver then I'd have to change the eye color to blue (you know, just to be different and say my eyes are "cool blue"). I don't think blue eyes would go well with gold chrome.

Hasegawa gold mirror sheets maybe? $13 for 20cm x 9cm sheet. Ryu Kumon did some interesting things with it here.

"It is basically an extremely thin sheet of gold chrome plastic that has an adhesive backing and can stretch pretty well over curved surfaces. However, overstretch it and it starts to turn dark transparent. You can smooth it out pretty easy, I would suggest stretching and pulling as you go, and then smoothing."

Might be useful?

Last edited:
=ONEYE;938886]I'm also in Washington (Spokane). I was thinking of having an Endoskull chromed gold. I just think it would be a cool and unusual color. Maybe change the eyes to a green LED?

If I chromed it silver then I'd have to change the eye color to blue (you know, just to be different and say my eyes are "cool blue"). I don't think blue eyes would go well with gold chrome.

Last edited:
Your close then, I can take a look at it for you. I have a vacuum plating business 15 minute north of Spokane.

I don't have the Endoskull yet, should have it in 2 weeks or so. I'll contact once I have it and will bring it to the shop to discuss options/pricing. :)

I agree, the accurate gold for the suit is a dull gold, but man! The gold chrome is just jaw dropping. I have one of kookoo's helmets as well and people always drool when they see it.

Actually there's an RPFer who has handled I think 4 of the movie suits from the first movie and posted in the 100+ page TMP Iron Man thread a while ago that the one thing TMP has been doing wrong is that he's using a darker gold color and the movie suits had a bright brass color. He said the bright brass put against the really dark red of the rest of the suit makes the brass "pop". (Actually he said the brass areas are first painted in an aluminum silver paint, then the bright brass paint on top, then a red scotchbrite pad rubbed in a straight line vertically down all the "gold" areas of the suit, to slightly show the silver lines underneath.)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back