Small Soldiers - Chip Hazard and Archer

Here are some photos of my prop from Small Soldiers, there is a tag on it that reads "Commando Weapons created at Stan Winston Studio" I have no history on this piece so if anyone can help ID this or anything please help!

That's chips gun if im not mistaken, although I never had the gun to my lifesized chip, I got it from a friend and he was stuck in the bottom of a bucket of legos.

That gun was used as the basis for Chip's gun with the retail toy. However, it was actually carried by Kip Killigan in the film. He starts with two different guns and Chip breaks one over his knee.

SS01.jpg

SS02.jpg

SS03.jpg

Gotta love the look on Kip's face.

The paint job is a little less detailed than yours, but that's the gun. The one that came with the 12" toy figure is slightly different and cast in a single colour silvery plastic.

I wonder how time consuming it would be to recast chip and sculpt the other members of the commando elite using Chip as a base figure? does anyone have a pic of Chips pistol? I need to make one now since he has an empty holster , kinda looks like a usp match from the front.

I wonder how time consuming it would be to recast chip and sculpt the other members of the commando elite using Chip as a base figure? does anyone have a pic of Chips pistol? I need to make one now since he has an empty holster , kinda looks like a usp match from the front.

I considered it, but when studying them, they're all very different. None of them have the same body shape and porportions as Chip so you'd actually be better off sculpting them from scratch.

I've made quite a bit of progress on the box art. The only thing that's holding me back is the graduated pattern on the inner sleeve behind Chip. I can come up with something very similar, but this is about the only bit of artwork that was used on the retail packaging that was accurate to the movie! Does anyone have a scan of that inner sleeve I can use?

I just bought the Chip Hazard Statue off ebay. It is the only one I have ever seen, except for the ones in these pics. I cannot say how awesome it is. It came complete with the shipping box from Japan, the Display box and the entire statue. I have number 0000 of 5000. I am really looking for the Archer statue so if you know anyone who has one, please let me know! I am in the process of moving, but I will try to post pics of it asap.

Yes he did - they were made from the original molds and put together and painted by the original artists - but only 25 were ever made. And as such, they go for about $2000-$3000 (see the auction link GBFan57 posted).

As far as the publicly available toys go, these two I've repainted are the best. The non-talking Chip Hazard has cloth clothes so is no good, and the talking Archer has a HUGE medallion on his chest (and the sculpt work isn't as nice).

Aside from repaints of the toys, the best things available are very rare (too expensive for my budget) but awesome "lifesize" Japanese porcelain statues:

LotImg17104.jpg
LotImg17129.jpg

I saw that you were working on the boxes for the action figures. How did they come out? Please let me know. I think it would be awesome to own a set of those.

I'm doing quite well. I have the text all finished and the logos. I "just" need to the picture of the character, the picture on the back of the box and the picture from the insert (the graduated circuit board pattern).

I want to get this project finished soon. I lost momentum when nobody here seemed interested any more. :confused

Well, I am very interested in this!!!! Please keep working and keep us updated. Do you think once you have it mastered, can I buy a set off of you?? :) That would be awesome!!!

I'm doing quite well. I have the text all finished and the logos. I "just" need to the picture of the character, the picture on the back of the box and the picture from the insert (the graduated circuit board pattern).

I want to get this project finished soon. I lost momentum when nobody here seemed interested any more. :confused

Yes. No problem there. I need to refresh my memory on what bits I've finished etc. If there's anything worth seeing I shall post pictures in this thread.

This is my life-size Major Chip Hazard Replica Statue. It was a limited edition to 5000 copies. My statue is numbered 0000 of 5000. The reason it was numbered that is because it was the sample used to advertise the other statues. Other than the mold version, my statue was the first one made. I just thought Small Soldier fans would enjoy seeing this rare item. I hope to post the rest of my collection of figures after I finish moving. Any questions, please ask!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3837.JPG
    IMG_3837.JPG
    775.4 KB · Views: 1,215

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back