Small Soldiers - Chip Hazard and Archer

Here is the newest addition to my Small Soldiers' family. I have to straighten the arrow from the bow a little bit, but it isn't that hard to do.
Hope you enjoy!

It's one of the limited Japanese statues, same as the Insaniac and Freakenstein posted earlier.

A great piece - I really love these guys. :thumbsup

Hey! The Archer is another prototype and as Howlrunner stated, it is also from the limited edition statue run done by a company called Softgarage. My Gorgonites are really coming along, but other than my Chip, I really want some of the other Commandos....I'm doing my best to track them down. I will keep you updated!!!

says video has been deleted :-( If anyone can get good screen grabs of chips gun, Id be willing to sculpt it and do a small cheaply priced run of them. I mean it would cost like 75 cents worth or resin lol why charge an arm and a leg?

Well, I guess it was a good thing I watched it when you first posted the link on this thread. Which gun are you talking about...his hand gun?

says video has been deleted :-( If anyone can get good screen grabs of chips gun, Id be willing to sculpt it and do a small cheaply priced run of them. I mean it would cost like 75 cents worth or resin lol why charge an arm and a leg?

I'd rather someone just did a run of CHIP all together, lol. Can't find one anywhere.

Hey Jason!

Whereabouts do you find these awesome guys?

Thanks.

I am friends with a dealer that is in to buying and selling statues and I just gave him the heads up to watch out for any Small Soldiers statues that he comes across. So far, in just a little over a month, he has found me a few really good statues. He deals internationally though so it has been a little easier for him to find them. I know if it was just me, I wouldn't have any of them because you can look online EVERYWHERE, even ebay, and NOT come across them. I told him to really look out for some more Commandos though because so far, the Gorgonites really have my Chip Hazard out numbered...lol.

I am friends with a dealer that is in to buying and selling statues and I just gave him the heads up to watch out for any Small Soldiers statues that he comes across. So far, in just a little over a month, he has found me a few really good statues. He deals internationally though so it has been a little easier for him to find them. I know if it was just me, I wouldn't have any of them because you can look online EVERYWHERE, even ebay, and NOT come across them. I told him to really look out for some more Commandos though because so far, the Gorgonites really have my Chip Hazard out numbered...lol.

I see, I just thought they were very lucky ebay finds lol!

I was just talking to my dealer in which I get the statues from and he heard from his vendor, which is the person that helps supply the statues, that Soft Garage, which created the statues I own, never went into production. I have seen mine of course, which all are prototypes or example statues for stores to display, but I have never seen any that had the plaque and were numbered within the 5000 piece production (i.e.- xxxx of 5000). Now, Howlrunner posted pics of the Chip Hazard and the Archer statues, which are the only other pics of the statues I have ever seen of them, and they sold on a auction site. In the listing, it states that those pieces were "Artist Proofs". So once again, I have never seen a "normal statue" which was numbered within the limited run of 5000.

What I'm getting at is does any one know if these statues ever really went into production or did they only make a few proofs and ditch the project because the movie didn't do well at the box office? If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Thanks!!

I was just talking to my dealer in which I get the statues from and he heard from his vendor, which is the person that helps supply the statues, that Soft Garage, which created the statues I own, never went into production. I have seen mine of course, which all are prototypes or example statues for stores to display, but I have never seen any that had the plaque and were numbered within the 5000 piece production (i.e.- xxxx of 5000). Now, Howlrunner posted pics of the Chip Hazard and the Archer statues, which are the only other pics of the statues I have ever seen of them, and they sold on a auction site. In the listing, it states that those pieces were "Artist Proofs". So once again, I have never seen a "normal statue" which was numbered within the limited run of 5000.

What I'm getting at is does any one know if these statues ever really went into production or did they only make a few proofs and ditch the project because the movie didn't do well at the box office? If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Thanks!!

Hmm... I'm guessing so. I couldn't find anything on these statues online, other than your pics. I wish I could see more Commando and Gorgonite stuff. Maybe they made a few of each, but never went up to the 5000 point. Who knows?

Hmm... I'm guessing so. I couldn't find anything on these statues online, other than your pics. I wish I could see more Commando and Gorgonite stuff. Maybe they made a few of each, but never went up to the 5000 point. Who knows?

I spent about an hour last night online trying to find contact information for Soft Garage. Finally, I came across there website, but that was no help! So I continued my search and found the domain information page on their website. On that page, I found a fax and a phone number, which still didn't help that much. Then I found the Soft Garage administrator email address, so I wrote them an email requesting information on the production line of these statues and I also included some of my pictures for a reference. I have no idea if they will respond or not, but I'm trying. I will keep everyone updated!

I'm making good progress with accurate box artwork, but I've hit a slight snag.
I need you to put your thinking heads on and see if you can come up with something here.

The image above is from the trailer where Chip rips through the back of the box. You can clearly see the text I have overlaid on it.
So, what is his function? I could be wrong with my guess that the first three letters are "ter". It smacks of "terminate with extreme prejudice" but that's too long! :lol

Also, there's this;

This is a perspective corrected grab from when Dick Miller is reading out the back of Chip's box. You can see that the first line is "NAME: CHIP HAZARD" but the second line is four small words. The first word on the second line is smaller than "NAME". Any guesses?

Which version should I make? What should we put on that line?

Also, there's this.

The bottom picture is from the start of the film and the top is from the end of the film. They obviously had different images to create a subliminal effect on the viewer. I plan on doing the top one (it's prettier). What do you think?

Hey! How are the boxes coming???

Ah, yes.

Erm .....

I'm afraid I've been a bit busy.

I've just finished a few more Harry Potter candy boxes. I shall get back to the Small Soldiers stuff soon.

I Really Wish my cousin didn't break the left arm and the loin cloth of my talking archer :( but Chip Hazard is still pretty good but I really wish I had a full set of both and i Wish i had small soldiers on DVD besides Star Wars this was the best movie ever made and do they even sell screen used props from this movie I could never find any.
I want this so much:http://www.yourprops.com/Small-Sold...e-props-Small-Soldiers--1998--prop-24158.html

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back