Small Soldiers - Chip Hazard and Archer

Here are my two new additions to my Small Soldiers family...lol. The Insaniac and Freakenstein are both prototypes. I have to fix Insaniac's chains though. I have to wrap them around his arm and his leg. Thought you guys would like to see them!! As always, any questions, please ask!!

I think that nobody bothered because the readily available 1:1 toys were almost 90% accurate.

It's be good to be able to accurise the toy. Cutting off the grenade and moulded name-tag and adding a metal name-tag and full grenade would make a huge difference.

Surely somebody here can make dogtags.

A cool underated film to be sure, i didn't realise hasbro had done any figures, nice repaint.
All i have is an inkworks card signed by Stan, it has a pic of him and archer on it, not a prop but still a nice piece of memorabilia

The statues that I have are 1:1 scale and are fully detailed after the original figures from the movie. They were created by a company called Softgarage with the permission and direction of Dream Works. They were only available in Japan for a short amount of time.

I really wish they would have made more accurate toys though. I look at these statues...and sort of wish I could play with them...lol. I have the action figures, but the statues just look soooo much cooler.

I have heard rumors of a Small Soldiers 2...so maybe when they make them, they will make more accurate toys...but I doubt it. Don't get me wrong though, I still like what Hasbro did with the toy line. I just wish they didn't stop with the 12" Archer and Chip. They should have created all the characters in the 12" form, or there accurate size from the movie. And what is up with not making all the Commandos into toys??

This may be the wrong place to ask this...but for goodness sakes...does any one have a Battle Changing Archer and/or a Battle Changing Insaniac. I have a Battle Changing Archer, but it is just him, missing all his pieces. If so, please let me know and maybe we can work out a deal!! Thanks guys!!

I'm making good progress with accurate box artwork, but I've hit a slight snag.
I need you to put your thinking heads on and see if you can come up with something here.

BoxBack1.jpg

The image above is from the trailer where Chip rips through the back of the box. You can clearly see the text I have overlaid on it.
So, what is his function? I could be wrong with my guess that the first three letters are "ter". It smacks of "terminate with extreme prejudice" but that's too long! :lol

Also, there's this;
BoxBack2.jpg

This is a perspective corrected grab from when Dick Miller is reading out the back of Chip's box. You can see that the first line is "NAME: CHIP HAZARD" but the second line is four small words. The first word on the second line is smaller than "NAME". Any guesses?

Which version should I make? What should we put on that line?

Also, there's this.
Gorgonites.jpg

The bottom picture is from the start of the film and the top is from the end of the film. They obviously had different images to create a subliminal effect on the viewer. I plan on doing the top one (it's prettier). What do you think?

SS2.jpg

The front of the Stan Winston reproduction figure readers - "Chip Hazard - Platoon Leader". That would fit. :thumbsup

Either is good for Archer. :)

"FUNCTION: PLATOON LEADER" is good for me. I'm still curious what was on the one used in the movie itself, though.

Maybe it is Terminate Gorgonites...and with the Archer box, I would go with the pic of the waterfalls as well!

I'm making good progress with accurate box artwork, but I've hit a slight snag.
I need you to put your thinking heads on and see if you can come up with something here.

BoxBack1.jpg

The image above is from the trailer where Chip rips through the back of the box. You can clearly see the text I have overlaid on it.
So, what is his function? I could be wrong with my guess that the first three letters are "ter". It smacks of "terminate with extreme prejudice" but that's too long! :lol

Also, there's this;
BoxBack2.jpg

This is a perspective corrected grab from when Dick Miller is reading out the back of Chip's box. You can see that the first line is "NAME: CHIP HAZARD" but the second line is four small words. The first word on the second line is smaller than "NAME". Any guesses?

Which version should I make? What should we put on that line?

Also, there's this.
Gorgonites.jpg

The bottom picture is from the start of the film and the top is from the end of the film. They obviously had different images to create a subliminal effect on the viewer. I plan on doing the top one (it's prettier). What do you think?

Here are my two new additions to my Small Soldiers family...lol. The Insaniac and Freakenstein are both prototypes. I have to fix Insaniac's chains though. I have to wrap them around his arm and his leg. Thought you guys would like to see them!! As always, any questions, please ask!!

Wow... :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back