Replica Prince costume; Anybody remember "Purple Wear"?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, I am a fan of Prince. I've learned to accept and embrace this fact. :lol
In the 80's, I was also a fan of a chain of stores throughout the US called Merry Go Round. After Purple Rain was released, there was a company called Louis & Vaughn that made a line of clothers known as "Purple Wear" sold exclusively through said store. If I'm not mistaken, they made three different styles of Prince's jacket as seen in the movie as well as three different styles of shirts. (Little known fact, the episode of Seinfeld were Jerry wears the "puffy shirt" is indeed one of these vintage pieces)
I myself used to own two of the shirts and one of the jackets.
Does ANYBODY remember this line of clothes? Or more important, any chance someone here have any piece of this line? I would be very interested in purchasing it for a...yes, a display. :)

Yes, I am a fan of Prince. I've learned to accept and embrace this fact. :lol
In the 80's, I was also a fan of a chain of stores throughout the US called Merry Go Round. After Purple Rain was released, there was a company called Louis & Vaughn that made a line of clothers known as "Purple Wear" sold exclusively through said store. If I'm not mistaken, they made three different styles of Prince's jacket as seen in the movie as well as three different styles of shirts. (Little known fact, the episode of Seinfeld were Jerry wears the "puffy shirt" is indeed one of these vintage pieces)
I myself used to own two of the shirts and one of the jackets.
Does ANYBODY remember this line of clothes? Or more important, any chance someone here have any piece of this line? I would be very interested in purchasing it for a...yes, a display. :)

Ain't a damned thing wrong with being a fan of Prince. That guy is more king than prince.

Big Prince fan here. I remember the jacket as I had a friend back in the day that had one and wore it almost every day.

I remember the Wife and I going to see Prince in concert and the opening act was The Time. Great Concert!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back