Star Trek XI metal insignia badges

Hey, guys... I'm not sure if anyone has seen these from this seller before. I did a quick search and didn't see any threads about them, but if I missed it, I apologize.

In any case, it's an aluminum Star Trek XI insignia badge with magnets to attach to uniforms, etc. I saw on eBay. Here's a pic:
command.jpg

There are sciences and engineering versions as well. I've never bought anything from the seller before, but he has a bunch of anime stuff and some various movie things as well. Whaddya think?

Last edited:
It looks rather nice. I think I'll grab one.
I like the cadet shirt too, but I have had bad
luck with clothing from overseas.

Last edited:
might want to remove the ebay link in the post.

Sorry... I didn't know we couldn't put eBay links. (I'm still a n00b!) Removed! You can just search under "Star Trek badge" or something like that, and I'm sure you'll find them.

I saw the cadet shirt too. Not bad. I could have sworn there was a sciences uniform for auction there yesterday too. (not Rubie's) I guess it must have sold. I remember it saying that the insignia pattern on the fabric was a heat-transfer (iron-on), tho. I really didn't look at it too closely for quality, tho.

I can't find these on Ebay...can you tell us who the seller is?

I found them. Try animainment.

The black shirts are pretty cool. Kind of wonder what the weight and fabric is like at that price.

Badges are slick too, but I don't know what I'd do with one. Still, I really like the aesthetic of Trek XI.

Thanks!
The undershirt is def. a heavy spandex charcol color. I am looking around online for an 'off the shelf' alternative in case I end up buying one of Rubies' Grand Heritage Trek shirts - I'm assuming I will be compelled to remove the sewn-in undershirt dickie and replace it with something better.

Does anyone think the Cadet shirt can be worn under the uniform shirt? I think the undershirt of the uniform has a mock-turtleneck and the cadet shirt does not but I'm not completely sure...

it was hard to tell some of the undershirt collars seemed to be higher than others. I was under the impression from pics like this though that kirks shirt was the undershirt to the tunics.

cast.jpg

You're right - Checkov's and Sulu's undershirt looks to have a higher neck. Uhura's does as well, but all the lady's shirts may be that way.
Trying to find an under-armor type shirt that does not have a logo on the neck.

it was hard to tell some of the undershirt collars seemed to be higher than others. I was under the impression from pics like this though that kirks shirt was the undershirt to the tunics.

I Was just at the Star Trek exhibit at the Franklin Museum in PA. They have the costumes from the new movie. The shirt Kirk is wearing is NOT the same undershirt they wear under the uniform shirt. His shirt is a "woolen" material and thick. The undershirts from the other uniforms is thinner . It looked like stretch cotton spandex. (I added a new thread with pics)

Last edited:
According to this article the shirt that Kirk wears for a majority of the movie
IS the undershirt to the uniforms. Sorry it's small type...dumb photo bucket
STCostumes_p5_zannidLJ.jpg

Hey, guys... I'm not sure if anyone has seen these from this seller before. I did a quick search and didn't see any threads about them, but if I missed it, I apologize.

In any case, it's an aluminum Star Trek XI insignia badge with magnets to attach to uniforms, etc. I saw on eBay. Here's a pic:
command.jpg

There are sciences and engineering versions as well. I've never bought anything from the seller before, but he has a bunch of anime stuff and some various movie things as well. Whaddya think?

The position and shape of the star on the above badge is incorrect and was based on a fan made conjectural design back when all we had seen was the new sciences insignia. The actuall badge has the star straight on and the bottom legs of tghe star are shorter than the original 1966 design. If you do a serch around the rpf you'll find a officialy released wallpaper from the new movie that has the actuall screen used badge. I'd post it but I'm late for work.

Cheers!
John

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back