Elstree props Luke ROTJ reveal saber

almar bouwman

Sr Member
Some of you might have seen this before but it was a first time for me. Just FastForward the clip to 5:37 :eek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdH12otbLFw

This version of the Hero lightsaber really rocks! Has anyone ever tried to make this lightsaber before? Someone should start a run of these. I know I would like one. Will costs a small fortune though, but what the heck.

Last edited:
Re: Luke's Lightsaber from missing cave scene ROTJ

wow, nice to see a prop that old still functioning

I was under the impression that this saber was never verified to be a real prop from ROTJ. What was the story on this one again?

Brad

That is not a saber made for the production.

The saber that was made specifically for the reveal scene in ROTJ (which was confirmed as actually filmed by Howard Kazanjian) is the metal hero with metal control box. You know, the one from MoM.

Yeah wasnt this just an "Elstree creation"?

Well, it's still incredibly hot. I'd invite it to the dance. In fact, that sabre has me thinking about how I could retrofit something nifty like that into one of my old ROTJs.

Yeah it is pretty sweet, nonetheless.

I thought someone was planning a run of these awhile back. Am I crazy?

For about a year+ (?) was super busy with life/family losses. Went off all boards. But I suddenly had the itch to check things out again--and here I am! Ready to be schooled about everything I'm out of touch with. Like, I totally missed the Hero Vader ROTJ thing. Oops. GINO kindly pointed me toward the archived threads and now I'm less ignorant...

Good to see a few familiar faces. Good to see so many new members too!

For about a year+ (?) was super busy with life/family losses. Went off all boards. But I suddenly had the itch to check things out again--and here I am! Ready to be schooled about everything I'm out of touch with. Like, I totally missed the Hero Vader ROTJ thing. Oops. GINO kindly pointed me toward the archived threads and now I'm less ignorant...

Good to see a few familiar faces. Good to see so many new members too!

Were you around when they found the obi ANH saber emitter?

I think it's a great saber, but not the actual one. Luke's new saber was originally going to be blue...

That is incredibly cool! The ROTJ saber always looked a little fake to me because it was just a solid hunk of bar stock and had no mechanics of any kind, that video gives you a whole 'nother perspective on it. A prop that actually worked like that would be the coolest saber ever in my opinion.

There was an interest thread started here...probably more than a year ago. I was on the interest "list". I forget who started the thread, but he had done some research into getting a run of these produced. The whole thing vanished into thin air, though. This would be the coolest saber run since I don't even known when. Really a great prop, even if it isn't a production original. I know it's an Elstree piece, but it sure looks like it could have been in terms of the look and feel. It has mojo that's for sure.

Elstree's Saber

I was under the impression too that this scenes was in fact shot and that it's still floating around, with horrible sound quality ?
Anyone have any leads? For some reason I'd swear I've seen it before ... but I could be remembering the novelization.

:thumbsup

FP

Last edited:

There was an interest thread started here...probably more than a year ago. I was on the interest "list". I forget who started the thread, but he had done some research into getting a run of these produced. The whole thing vanished into thin air, though. This would be the coolest saber run since I don't even known when. Really a great prop, even if it isn't a production original. I know it's an Elstree piece, but it sure looks like it could have been in terms of the look and feel. It has mojo that's for sure.

I really wish that had happened. I would love something like that saber. BTW, here's the original interest thread for what it's worth....

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=21169

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back