PROP PARTY: Minneapolis, MN

That would be Blaire. I'm not sure if he frequents the RPG. Want a mind-fuque? Most everything he made is fabricated from CARDBOARD. No 'fold tab A into slot B' here, solid 3D cardboard goodness.

Jay

Yep, that guys stuff is pretty amazing. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it wasn't wood or resin.

Russ

<div class='quotetop'>(Rook 3 @ May 24 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1250035[/snapback]</div>
Yep, that guys stuff is pretty amazing. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it wasn't wood or resin.

Russ
[/b]

They were amazingly solid builds. Even after picking them up I was still baffeled with regards to the material of construction.

I wish i had his skills, i could save a lot of money.

I agree-- even after handling them, it would have been hard to know what they were made from (or how) without Blaire there.

I felt exactly the same way when I first handled one w/o knowing it's origin. 'Mm.. Light, can't be resin.. Maybe balsa? But doesn't feel right for wood..' HEH. Blaire is one true craftsman. Kudos.

Jay

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi Lawja @ May 24 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1250210[/snapback]</div>
I felt exactly the same way when I first handled one w/o knowing it's origin. 'Mm.. Light, can't be resin.. Maybe balsa? But doesn't feel right for wood..' HEH. Blaire is one true craftsman. Kudos.

Jay
[/b]

actually for myself, I immediately thought it was balsa because of the weight. It was the surface/finishing effect that had me perplexed. Extremely lightweight but looked nothing like i would imagine painted balsa or cardboard to represent. There were so many things to look at that night i left regretting not getting the time to ask the specifics on how he got cardboard to look and feel like plexiglass.

Can't say it enough, Blair is an exceptionally talented individual.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back