PROP PARTY: Minneapolis, MN

<div class='quotetop'>(MaxPlague @ May 21 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1248087[/snapback]</div>
Yes sir, that was a mighty fine party. THANK YOU TONY. You are a kind man, allowing us louts in your space. ;)

Great turnout I'd say, it was fun seeing you all again and also meeting the folks I'd not yet met before. A nice mix of people, props, pizza and beer.

Glad y'all liked the whip I made. :) I'm still drooling over your dual 24" LCDs, Tony. :)
[/b]

not to mention the small flotilla of Alienware PC's

We missed you too, Goat. If it's any consolation, we fondly reminised about you at prop parties past.

Jay

p.s. All those sweet 'putes with the nice BIG flatscreens.. TONY. Next time, how 'bout loading up some cool multi-player games and turn your COMPUTER center into a GAME center. We can kill each other to our virtual hearts content. C'mon, I KNOW you've THOUGHT about it. :p

I think it went really great considering that no one had a clue who I am and were just hoping that I wasn't waiting behind the door to conk heads and grab props. :lol

My thanks goes out to all of the attendees for taking the risk, and especially to those who hauled their cool stuff to a stranger's place.

This was my first prop party to either attend or host, and I can't wait to do it again. I think its great to actually know RPF'ers by name and face, and be able to call them "friend."

It's amazing what happens with a handful of hours, some expensive toys, a couple cases of beer, and a room full of friendly, like-minded folks. Good times.

I was the only Batman collector there-- so anything related to the Bat-movies was mine.

Two other guys from the Brotherhood of the Bat forum had confirmed, but did not show up.

<div class='quotetop'>(thuth @ May 22 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]1248546[/snapback]</div>
I was the only Batman collector there-- so anything related to the Bat-movies was mine ...
[/b]

And some mighty fine Bat-props they were. VERY cool to see the Robin suit in person and the metal batarangs from "Begins" were awesome.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
And some mighty fine Bat-props they were. VERY cool to see the Robin suit in person and the metal batarangs from "Begins" were awesome.[/b]

I agree....and the explanation of the knife thrower and the sawmill blade cut-out was cool as well, really neat stuff.. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'></div>
This was my first prop party to either attend or host, and I can't wait to do it again. I think its great to actually know RPF'ers by name and face, and be able to call them "friend." [/b]

That's what it's all about Tony. The feeling is mutual :)

Can't wait to get together again. :cheers

-Ss

pic44in.jpg

Someone has cast the vintage Buck Rogers ray gun? Who? Where?? Me want.

Dang.. I wish I was there.

Looks like you guys has a great time. Sorry I couldn't make it... Fanm damily gets in the way again.

I'm up for hosting another one down at our place again.. Maybe a Sat afternoon/night in mid-late July (after Convergence) or sometime in August.

Great pics all.

Joe

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ May 22 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]1248624[/snapback]</div>
Someone has cast the vintage Buck Rogers ray gun? Who? Where?? Me want.
[/b]

I second that. Hommina hommina

Thanks for the hostage, Tony. That party was kicky booty. It was good to see you guys. It's been FAR too long. It was good to meet you new dudes, too. Too bad that some of you guys couldn't make it. Gotta be there next time. Now Goat, see how it is that you need to get up here more than once a year? :lol

Obi-Bob

This was my first prop party and it won't be my last. Everyone was very personable and I enjoyed their company. It was truly a pleasure meeting everyone, chatting over beer and props, and just discussing anything under the sun.

The props were fantastic, I can't begin to talk about them, I just don't know where to start. To be honest, I was a bit worried about showing up and putting my near-complete Jayne pistol on display (tape holding the trigger guard on, triangle piece not attached, etc.) yet even in this state of disarray, I was relieved and pleasantly surprised to see people really interested in it and wanting to discuss it. Thanks everyone for making my day.

Tony, a huge thanks for your hospitality. Your office space is fantastic, if I worked there, I would be inspired every day. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm sure there would be plenty of instances that I wouldn't want to go home.

Great get-together everyone, I can't wait for the next one.

-G

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ May 23 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]1249146[/snapback]</div>
Are those Imperial coasters in those pics?[/b]
Haha. Could be. They're the Imperial car emblems (or whatever they're called) that Scott had made up. Nice and shiney too.

-G

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back