Sledge Hammer Props

tk5378

Was just watching the old tv show Sledge Hammer after finding a copy of season one on DVD and got to thinking about all the cool props that could be made. Wondering if anyone has ever tackled the gun or his Police ID badge, amongst other things. Thinking about trying to do a replica gun if I can get enough good reference pics. Anyone own any original or replica Sledge Hammer props?

I loved this show as a kid! As soon as it came out on DVD I bought both seasons. Sadly, I'm the only one in the house that actually likes it. :cry :lol

I have both seasons on DVD too! ;)
Had hoped there'd be more prop shots - Hammers' revolver is almost conspicuous by its absence, IIRC.

From what I can make out from freeze-framing, the hammer logo on the grip is simply a decal - However, in those credit sequence caps, you can just about see where the screw hole is just where the handle intersects the circle.

Can'teasily get hold of the cheap airsoft version anymore here in the UK, sadly - would love to have her framed on the wall...

... or on my pillow. :D

C.

I too was disappointed by the lack of prop info on the gun that is out there...but if you listen to the commentary on the DVD's, you'll know why. Someone stole the gun during the filming of Season One. It was replaced and was stolen in a break-in just after finishing Season Two. So, somewhere there are two historic film guns being used to hold up liqour stores or at minimum sitting in a Police gun evidence locker...

Which reminds me of something...I was in our locker the other day looking for some evidence from a case and found not only a fully functional Sterling, but a Webley Flare gun too. Still trying to convince the evidence tech to let me check them out to cast, seeing as they are both from disposed cases from the 70's.

Now, back to this thread.

Someone say bumper sticker?

SledgehammerBumper11x2J.jpg

Funny how it disappears after the pilot ep, tho!

Sledgehammeronline.com have a version of the sticker for purchase, too.

C.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back