Stormtrooper Sculpt

Egon

Sr Member
Hey everyone, this is my first post!

I began working on a stormtrooper sculpt a little while ago...it did not turn out well...this is my second attempt...

I have never done anything like this so i've been learning as i go. As you can see...there are a few issues with it, but hey, i never expected it to be perfect.

Thanks for looking!

Hey everyone, this is my first post!

I began working on a stormtrooper sculpt a little while ago...it did not turn out well...this is my second attempt...

I have never done anything like this so i've been learning as i go. As you can see...there are a few issues with it, but hey, i never expected it to be perfect.

Thanks for looking!

Welcome to therpf! keep us posted with progress! :):thumbsup

Thanks you guys. I like that this forum supports each one another.

Anyhow, I added a bit of Bondo to the sculpt to try and refine the shape a bit. Please let me know what you think and I'd love some opinions on how to make the process a bit smoother and what will make it a bit more accurate (I've accumulated many reference photos but sometimes your hands don't make what your brain sees...)

Thanks again!

Thanks you guys. I like that this forum supports each one another.

Anyhow, I added a bit of Bondo to the sculpt to try and refine the shape a bit. Please let me know what you think and I'd love some opinions on how to make the process a bit smoother and what will make it a bit more accurate (I've accumulated many reference photos but sometimes your hands don't make what your brain sees...)

Thanks again!

Best thing I've found when sculpting anything is to do the same thing 3-4 times. Everytime you sculpt/paint/mache something you notice new things about what you are working on.

The biggest difficultly with a Stormtrooper helm, is that there is a very exact look to the helmet. If anything is off by even a centimeter it won't look exactly right.

So just keep pluging away at it, and you will notice when it is slightly off, and make those changes and you will get better and better.

It's looking nice so far.:thumbsup Very difficult project for sure.

You might want to work on the brow area, it's sticking out pretty far.

Wow looks like you are off to a great start, I wish I had the talent to attempt this - I look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks you guys.

I'm rather heartbroken though...I went to check the sculpt the other morning and the thing was split pretty much in half. Next time I'll know to build it up thicker.

I appreciate all the constructive criticism and for you all checking out!

when sculpting the trick ...or one of many is to never let the piece dry out.
After your last piece of work on it, spray mist it and cover with cling film and spray mist on the out side of the cling film.

Keep at it.
Ive tried and failed at least 4 times now.

cheers

Thanks you guys.

I'm rather heartbroken though...I went to check the sculpt the other morning and the thing was split pretty much in half. Next time I'll know to build it up thicker.

I appreciate all the constructive criticism and for you all checking out!

that sux... It's happened to me before too :unsure.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back