1/72 Boeing 747 with Shuttle commission

Gunpowder

Sr Member
Yes its HUGE. This is the transport wings 1/72 747 which will have the Revell 1/72 Shuttle on its back. So far the fuselage halves have been sanded and the center Keel part has been added for rigidity. Lots to do still. It is being built in the flight mode to be mounted on a tripod.
Heres the fuselage with a few clamps. Its photographed with the Airfix 1/72 nimrod for a size comparison.
DSC03874.jpg

And the wingspans. Shuttle Nimrod and 747
DSC03875.jpg

I want one of these too! There is someone on space modelers yahoo who is going to do the engine enclosure. Do you have one? Where did you get the super sized 747?

Here's a bit of inspiration for you ;) It certainly was an inspiration to me!!

helloogorgeous.jpg

bigesnose.jpg

taile.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me just how big those shuttles really are. Big ole' girls!!

Looking forward to seeing where this project goes!!

Cool model.
I’ve seen a Shuttle on a 747 back in 1984, it was flying over my hometown at low altitude, it probably made a fuel stop at Schiphol international airport, not far from my home.

I also have a 1/72 747 and shuttle. I have not started construction, yet. They've been sitting in their respective boxes for several years I hope to start on them this summer.

The 1/72 orbiter is the Monogram kit, and the 1/72 747 is a vacuform and resin kit from HeavyKits, with the 1/72 ferrying stabilizers, shuttle mounts and decals for the 747 from a UK vendor that I cannot recall off the top of my head. But, perhaps I may have the original shipping receipt with their name on it.

E

I also have a 1/72 747 and shuttle. I have not started construction, yet. They've been sitting in their respective boxes for several years I hope to start on them this summer.

The 1/72 orbiter is the Monogram kit, and the 1/72 747 is a vacuform and resin kit from HeavyKits, with the 1/72 ferrying stabilizers, shuttle mounts and decals for the 747 from a UK vendor that I cannot recall off the top of my head. But, perhaps I may have the original shipping receipt with their name on it.

E

Transport wings aka aircraft in miniature

Yep it's gonna be big and awesome ta boot!!:cool

I got a 1/72 shuttle so i'm getting an idea of the size it is.
Very cool idea dude!!

Thanks guys.

Ive been doing battle with the fuselage today:sick. Well the halves are together , but with the size , it was a real struggle. Will post photos later.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back