The Flash TV show Suit

Deric

Sr Member
My son and I have been watching the Flash online
Watch Videos Online | The Flash | Veoh.com

I always liked the execution of the suit on this show but wondered what details were out there on it. I heard it was made by Stan Winston Studios but that was about it. Does anyone know anything about it or details on the show?

Thanks,

Someone here owns (or used to) one of the screen used suits, though I can't remember for the life of me who it was. From what I remember it was a latex muscle suit with red flocking (so it had a matte finish against the lights).

My son and I have been watching the Flash online
http://www.veoh.com/collection/The-Flash

I always liked the execution of the suit on this show but wondered what details were out there on it. I heard it was made by Stan Winston Studios but that was about it. Does anyone know anything about it or details on the show?

Thanks,

I believe the tv costume was designed and created by Robert Short. At least thats my memory of the series end credits every week.

I remember being a big fan of this suit when I was younger. Rewatching, I can see some flaws, but it's still a nice looking costume. The gold in place of the yellow works well.

Wasn't there something weird about the flocking that (unintentionally) made the suit photograph better at night? I think I remember reading that somewhere...

Mike

That was a great suit.
Actually I have always felt it was the most realistic in terms of both appearance on-screen and in the comic book of any real-word superhero costume . It was just perfect to me.:love
I have been hoping to get a Flash Cowl that looks like that one for years.

I could never get into the show because I watched Dawson's Creek first. The Flash was Dawson's dad on the show.

Great costume though.

The first time I ever saw Dawson's dad, I was like: "That's the Flash." :lol
Me too! I never got into that show, but (to go on a brief tangent that includes a Dawson's Creek spoiler -- I can't believe I just wrote that) I did randomly catch what I later learned was his character's death scene while flipping through the channels one night and it is quite possibly the greatest in television history. Truly.

If you haven't seen it before, please do yourself a favor and watch it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQv-0Ojn73w

Cool! I did computer animation for that show in the first season (Mike Okuda did the pilot episode) but I have never seen most of it. Thanks for the link!

IIRC the flocking prevent the suite from washing and it had built in muscle suit. It was deteriorated over the year and is in bad shape - I just don't remember which website that was...

I've actually only seen the pilot, which to me as a kid was the Flash Movie. For years i had no idea there was a whole series after that. It inspired much running around the living room in a red leotard and tights and a red ski mask(modified by my mom to look more Flashy; that ski mask was the **** back then). i even wore it to a school halloween carnival once(they called it "fall festival," but it was Halloween). this was of course years before any Flash costume in the halloween isle at walmart.

i remember when his tire was flat, he went to catch a cab and ran to the next city, and ended up naked in a lake lol, and wasnt mark hamill the bad guy? or am i thinking of cock knocker from Jay and silent bob?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back