Tom Servo!

deck5

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A commission I've recently completed:

newservo.jpg

Stands about 24" tall; fully puppetable.

That looks fantastic! Have you done Crow before, and would you like to
build one for me (maybe even a set-Tom, and Crow?) If so, please PM me.

I love it.:thumbsup

When you do these, do you supply the parts or does the customer have to give them to you to build?

That looks brilliant, nice work. I've got a Moore Creations Servo statue, one of my favourite pieces in my collection... now if only I could find the matching crow statue...

Looks awesome.
I hate to even ask how much something like that would cost... Knowing right now that I couldn't afford it.

If I was ever to get them... I would have to do one at a time.

Of course if you ever do a Cambot that would be great to see too.

Did a pair a while back and sold them for about $450 each.

The parts can be had for less that that, and they are pretty easy to assemble.

http://www.joecrow.com/

Although you can still get most parts for both on eBay, except a proper barrel for Tom.

I built a whole set of the MST3K bots back in 1999 and did a silly MSTing of the Dr. Who show "Time and the Rani" right after the show went off the air on sci-fi.

They're all really easy, especially Servo and Gypsy (if you can find the correct seat). I'm glad to see people are still making these, mine have all been given away as gifts and I wouldn't even know where to get the parts any more. I'm surprised JoeCrow is still selling any stuff at all, I bought little bits from him 10 years ago and as far as I know he based his Crow eye mechanism on a little widget I sent him as a trade.

--Brian

Of course if you ever do a Cambot that would be great to see too.

Cambot is two fruit bowls and a slide projector lens...throw about 5 inches of Gypsy drain tubing in the middle between the bowls and hotglue it all together. Takes about 10 minutes in a thrift store to find the bits and maybe another 20 to make the thing including time for the krylon primer to dry. The season 1 Cambot made out of the KTMA gypsy is a little harder, you have to find those unsafe swiss-cheese seats first.

Oh bloody excellent! The attention to detail is great! I'd love to get a Servo some time myself. How much do you normally charge for these?

I have to ask, do you mold and cast the parts to build him or do you actually manage to find the original pieces to make him. I know the gum ball machines are still around but the flashlight bevels for the shoulders must me brutal to find. XD

I have to ask, do you mold and cast the parts to build him or do you actually manage to find the original pieces to make him. I know the gum ball machines are still around but the flashlight bevels for the shoulders must me brutal to find. XD

I make all the parts that aren't off-the-shelf. The shoulders were actual flashlight bezels early in season 1, but thereafter they were vacuformed plastic copies, so that's what I use, too.

I make all the parts that aren't off-the-shelf. The shoulders were actual flashlight bezels early in season 1, but thereafter they were vacuformed plastic copies, so that's what I use, too.

They look great! This is probably the most authentic puppet I've sen since the actual filming prop on the show XD

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back