Lightsaber Contests of Old (Lots of Pics)

Mercury

Sr Member
Does anyone remember the custom lightsaber build contests we use to have here back in the day? Those were fun times and I have just recently started posting again and was wondering if they still have them or not.

Parts used in my entry back in mid-2000 I think.

Construction.jpg

The finished version that didn't win. :cry :lol not surprising though because there were some fantastic sabers made

Image1-3.jpg

I still have some pics of those entered by others but have no idea whose is whose. :cool

Last edited:
Re: Lightsaber Contests of Old

I have my graflex packed away somewhere. I got my first dremel injury on that project. Ahhh the memories! No pix, sorry.

Yeah, 1st Aid Kits were a necessity with a dremel back then. :lol

Here are a few pics of the saber entries from the 2000 contest. If you see your saber or know whose is whose, speak up.

1=
Arkossaber.jpg

2= Mercury
CustomSaber.jpg

3=
Saberc1.jpg

4=
Slsaber1.jpg

5=
custom_bk2.jpg

6=
custom_bs1.jpg

7= BobaDebt
custom_dd2.jpg

8=
custom_dt1.jpg

9=
custom_gm2.jpg

10=
custom_jdr2.jpg

11=
custom_jm.jpg

12=
custom_js1.jpg

Last edited:

The last few I still had.

13=
custom_lb1.jpg

14=
custom_me2.jpg

15=
custom_mg1.jpg

16=
custom_pb1.jpg

17=
custom_sc1.jpg

18=
custom_sg1.jpg

19= D48thRonin
custom_ta2.jpg

20=
xaber2.jpg

Last edited:

Oh man, I used to love seeing custom saber contests. thelightsaber.com used to have them as well. Maybe it's time for another? I've been itching to bust out the dremel now that summer's upon us. Was there a price limit? Like, under $50 in materials or something? Or a limit on what could be pre-fabricated (like, no buying a Roman handwheel, must be homemade)?

I believe there was a $ limit but I don't remember how much. I do know the sabers could be hardware built or machined or a combination of both.

I think it would be cool to do these again as well as a water gun/toy gun blaster building contest. Those were fun also.:cool

We had one here about 3 years ago
It was the 99 cent store build
We could only use parts we bought at the 99 cent store.
even had to show receipts

I remember the Dollar Store build, early 2004 I believe...

Pics are long gone, still have my entry but it's in about 4 or 5 different pieces now...

I remember the Dollar Store build, early 2004 I believe...

Pics are long gone, still have my entry but it's in about 4 or 5 different pieces now...

Has it really been that long?
I still have mine, only got a handful of votes
I remember Kenny made an Awesome Vader but lost out
The prize was a set of TK armor

I remember those contests. Haven't seen them in a while.

But I never thought anything I build would be good enough for a contest here at all.

Ahhh, Good Times!:) I miss those!

@Djinn, I didn't really expect to win either but it was still cool to do and then see the great stuff others came up with!

Last edited:
Well, it has been 5 years, yeno...

I think we should hold another one, same as the old one; dollar store only items, photos of receipts to prove it, as well as the individual items prior to assembly...

I'd be up for it, especially since my budget has dropped to dollar store crap anyways... :lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back