Another blasted showoff - Indiana Jones stuff

ave4uevoli

Sr Member
Received some excellent translucent sankara stones yesterday so I thought I would post up pictures.

The guy that I got them from was fantastic. Really quick responses to multiple inquires (if you've ever done a deal with me, you know that I ask a ton of little nitpicky questions) and fast shipment! I ordered them last week and they came from france!

The guys name is Jean Michel - his email is: indianaquiz@wanadoo.fr
Feel free to contact him. If you can Please Please just tell him that "Thomas" sent you. (honestly, you're not going to get a better price or anything, but I told him that I would pass his name around and it would be nice if he knew that I was actually doing that)

Suffice it to say I'm very pleased that the stones came out so beautifully. They look like amber! Of course, they don't glow like the sankara stones in the movie, but at least they don't have sparkles in them :rolleyes

CIMG2768.jpg

CIMG2769.jpg

CIMG2770.jpg

IMG_9764.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

CIMG2771.jpg

CIMG2772.jpg

Last edited:
While I never understood the interest in buying stones that look like this over the brown with white stripes, I have to say these are some of the best I've seen of this style.

That truly is great work!

Those look beautiful!

In fact, your entire Indy collection is quite remarkable.

Blah - they'll look even better when your lifesized indy is holding one. :)

Oh and I typed this thread too quickly - forgot to add the contact info for the guy. Please look at post 1 for the information.

Thanks for the kind words

Are you doing a lifesized Indy? I'm looking to do that with my gear as well, but I can't seem to find a decent mannequin for it.

Oh, and I wanted to ask, where did you get your brown Sankara stones?

Got the brown one from Houdiniguy here on the boards. I honestly don't know who made them. I can tell you that they are plastercast - and then painted brown. The shape looks great on them which is why I got them.

Houdiniguy is also a great guy to deal with. I believe he has some other stuff for sale now.

Are you doing a lifesized Indy? I'm looking to do that with my gear as well, but I can't seem to find a decent mannequin for it.

I've been toying around with the idea - but I haven't really looked into the mannequin quite yet. Generally I just gather parts for a really long time and then on any particular day I realize that I finally have enough for a display... I haven't hit that point with Indy yet... soon though.. soon. :)

I think there must be others on this board who have full sized indy's who could help out.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back