Daft Punk Guy Helmet: Final p.16, TRON p.20

Re: Daft Punk Helmet Build

Just saw this thread... what a gorgeous build!

Ironically, we just finished a Daft Punk leather jacket for someone:

daft-punk-jacket.jpg

(The collar was revised after taking this shot to make it more accurate). I wasn't planning on adding this to my site, but if anyone is interested, drop me a line.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Oooh, so YOU'RE the one who made it! Haha, when I asked the guy about it on another forum he said it was a "one of a kind and more could never be made" :rolleyes

Great Job, though. Its really impressive. If I looked good in leather I'd be very interested in one.

I'm not a big fan of Daff Punk ( except "Discovery "album, 'cause Leiji Matsumoto ...) , but I' m a BIG fan of your work !!!

Your helmet is realy amazing :love Congrat's Volpin !!!:thumbsup

Are the electronics coming along still?

Everything is ready to go in. Electronics are finished, wiring is complete, coding is done, dome has been trimmed and the wire back dome is also done.

I just need a chassis to put it all into! Apparently the chroming company shipped out the re-sprayed helmets last week from California, so they will get here this week and I can get back on this.

I'm looking forward to seeing your completed project! Been listening to some of their stuff from the upcoming Tron Legacy film, I'm starting to get Daft Punk fever!

Now we're getting somewhere!

4364419828_760dd80b1a_b.jpg

4363680015_7e2b93cfcb_b.jpg

Longer update to follow. Look for this project to start picking up speed again soon!

That is just awesome. I think a run of this would sell out in record time.

Beautiful! Tho I thought the copper had it's charm, this looks spot on!

Its been a looooong road to get to this finished product. In the end, I sent out 8 helmets to be chromed. 6 were destroyed or otherwise rendered un-usable by the process, and 2 came out correct. Such a freaking headache.

My shop looks like some sort of Daft Punk graveyard right now. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the warped ones in this shot.

4364419622_f85efba30c_b.jpg

Well, you could always sell the 6 screwed up ones to recoup a little of the investment. I'm sure there's people here who wouldn't mind owning a flawed version if that's the only option open to them.

I have some DP on my Iphone but had never seen a video. Cheers to you man, great looking helmet. Didnt read the whole thread but are you doing the whole led face thing? If so ...............Crazy! Keep the updates comming!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back