M1 Garand / Thompson Scource?

Jodo

Master Member
Does anyone know where to find, or does anyone have a list of good replicas M1 Garands / Thompson Machine guns? I know there's a few airsofts out there, but It doesn't exactly have to be an airsoft. I'm just looking for something to do the job and look nice. :)

There is alot of stuff out here, expecially for the Thompson. In any case I think that the cheapes Thompson replica was the chinese airsoft version (it's in almost every online airsoft item catalog).

There are also blank firing or more realistic versions of the Tommy, but the price it's usually very high: realistic Thompson example.

The Garand it's quite cheap, expecially if you not want a blank-firing version of it: example for Garand.

:)

There is alot of stuff out here, expecially for the Thompson. In any case I think that the cheapes Thompson replica was the chinese airsoft version (it's in almost every online airsoft item catalog).

There are also blank firing or more realistic versions of the Tommy, but the price it's usually very high: realistic Thompson example.

The Garand it's quite cheap, expecially if you not want a blank-firing version of it: example for Garand.

:)
Looks like they only have the 1928 model and not the M1A1 model. Don't know if that matters.

Thanks guys, I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knew of any good replicas. I just don't want to have to pay for all the airsoft awsomeness, ya know?

I got a nice airsoft Thompson at Big5SportingGoods a few weeks back, was on sale for $150, full metal, and has a real nice feel to it.

Does anyone know where to find, or does anyone have a list of good replicas M1 Garands / Thompson Machine guns? I know there's a few airsofts out there, but It doesn't exactly have to be an airsoft. I'm just looking for something to do the job and look nice. :)

There are 2 ebay sellers that sell metal accurate replica garands,lee enfields and thompsons. Try searching under garand in ebay.

I was going to suggest Kapowwe for cheap airsoft springers, but after looking at the cheapest (I mean inexpensive, not cheap per se) ones, the military one is still incorrect; all they did was replace the front pistol grip with the full length stock, and swap the drum mag to the stack type. The rear sight guards and top cocking lever are still inaccurate, as the M1A1 had the knob on the right side of the receiver...

Although, they do offer "broken" versions for cheap, which could entail anything from a missing magazine to a mechanical issue. If it's only as a static non working prop, I'd opt for the "broken" ones and scratchbuild the mag or buy a replacement one...

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys, how much do you think is to much for an airsoft Thompson? I'm looking for a M1921 I beleive, but just can't find one. I don't want to break the bank, as I'll proboly only get to use it once, mabey twice. It doesn't need to work,etc. Just for costumes ya know! ;)

You happen to be in luck my dear friend. If you like to do your own replicas, hands-on approach, then you'll definitely like this tutorial from Indy Mogul and their Backyard FX series. Backyard effects shows how you can make your own props of various types for cheap ($100 and below). And the most recent tutorial was on how to make a replica of the Tommy Gun for only $50.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rY4Py97CQ

Trust me, Indy Mogul has done a lot of tutorials on prop replicas from Light Sabers from "Star Wars" to Hellboy's Good Samaritan gun. And they've also done other tutorials on props and customs, including exploding heads, a cheap version of the BFG9000 and, one of my personal favorites, the face melting effect from "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

With Public Enemies coming out tomorro (FINALY! :D) I'm in the market for a Thompson again.....Any new scources anyone know of?

I'd realy prefer a metal body...But I'm not for sure on the price range. It would matter if it had all the trademarks,etc.

In the NRA Magazine, they have reproduction M1-Garand wood stocks, and possible de-milled barrels/receivers/lower assemblies – for weapons for the $200+/- range.

PM me if you want address info.

John

I know.....It makes me think of future generations coming across all that stuff each time I see 'em. :lol

It looks like most of the guys have you covered on possible sources to follow, but I'd love to know what your plans are once you do make a purchase.

I'm a WWII buff/collector and these related posts always intrigue me.... :cool

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back