Lily's ring from the movie Legend?

Tardis_Blue

Hello,

My first post, and VERY thankful to be here surrounded by so many talented people!

So on to my question...I was wondering if anyone here has reproduced themselves, or had someone else make this ring for them? If so do you have examples? I'm not a jeweler, but I'd love to own this!

The closest I've gotten are others requesting the ring on Etsy.com, but I have no clue what the finished product looks like. As a buyer, I want to know what I'm getting.

Here's a link to some great screencaps, in case no one knows what I'm talking about. Although, I doubt that considering where I'm posting this :)

http://www.ahoymatey.com/legendring/

Thanks!

This is one of those ideas that I see mentioned every few years in various places. I'd be all over this if someone made or found one.

I've asked around on Etsy as they have an alchemy section on their site which allows buyers to request custom items. One person successfully received the ring, but in my opinion it looks nothing like the film ring.

il_fullxfull.68167476.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13317807It's far too bulky for one, and has none of the finer details like the red enameling or herringbone pattern on the sides. & No face in the moonstone either.

So I'm wondering if this can be done more successfully with a fairly new product called precious metal clay. I'm tempted to take a course on this just to be able to make this ring for myself. It's obvious from the above example that I might need to make this myself if I want to get the proper results.

After a couple of decades of effort I was finally able to get a ring made that meets the quality I think was required. Went through a jeweler friend of mine and had the moonstone custom carved to better match the movie style. Most people would say I was crazy for paying what it cost in the end but it us genuine gold and the joy and excitement it brought to my partner when I gave it to her made it well worth it

1000002117.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back