Help Identify this part

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I need help to identify this part here, I have all the other parts for my build but need some help. Thanks guys!

Thanks Monsieur Tox! I have one more. It's the last I promise. I have gone through my kits and scans and cant find this part, any idea?

Leopold part (floor of the wagon) cut to shape ;)

http://www.studioscale.com/images/Kit Photos/Hasegawa/Hasegawa Leopold/4.jpg

tiebomberleo.jpg

Thanks again! MonsieurTox is there anything you don't know?:)

Welcome Robiwon,
Wemm there are actually plenty of things I dont know/I'm looking for but regarding the TIE Bomber, that's the only one model I can say I know 100% of the parts !

And those Leo and Shinano parts are well known (the same Shinano parts are used all over the 32" MF and on the rear of the TIE Fighter ;)).

Which specific Airfix kit is used for its ejector seat parts? I'm having a heck of a time finding this out.

I have one Airfix 1/24 Harrier kit, but it appears to be retooled and this part isn't in there anymore.

Which specific Airfix kit is used for its ejector seat parts? I'm having a heck of a time finding this out.

I have one Airfix 1/24 Harrier kit, but it appears to be retooled and this part isn't in there anymore.

Don't know about the retooled kit,but in my vintage kit it's part # 55.
Hope that helps.

Dave

Ok I'll look again. I thought it had something to do with the ejector seat and it looks like it's retooled, but perhaps I missed it. Maybe it's still part #55. I'll look again.

Thanks guys.

The kit part was modded on the SS model !
I thought so because I've never been able to recognize it on any kit scans of the Harrier. I was planning to make mine from scratch - it's not that complicated, and you need two anyway. It's the only part I'm missing for my TB. If you don't have a Harrier Kit, a good source of information for that part is a series of pictures taken of previously released garage kits of the TIE Bomber (I don't recall the name right now). One kit was molded in yellow resin, the other in blue. If you wanna see 'em just let me know.

Here's some pics of my Bomber, you can see the Harrier part very well :

tb6.jpg

And here you can see on the starboard side part that the back of the part is laminated with styrene :

tb17.jpg

The styrene is then sand to fit the fuselage body...

Here's some pics of my Bomber, you can see the Harrier part very well:

The styrene is then sand to fit the fuselage body...
Many thanks for those pictures MonsieurTox! I finally got a good luck at the Harrier Part. It looks a little different on the garage kits. I was looking for those pictures last night but could not find them yet. As soon as I find them I'll post them and compare . . .

P.S. - your TB looks great!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back