ED-209 rebuild (FINISHED PICS PAGE 6)

Keith

Sr Member
This is a Hot Toys ED-209 that i'm going to rebuild and repaint.

The models parts unscrew. Its THE best quality model i've ever worked on!

Here are the head and arm parts:
DSCF1302.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

DSCF1305.jpg

The leg parts. The leg on the left has yet to be fully taken apart:
DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1313.jpg

The pelvis:
DSCF1315.jpg

DSCF1316.jpg

Keith.

Last edited:
Re: ED-209 rebuild

love the model too, cant wait for it to be rebuilt. i dont have the stones to take something that expesive apart and put it back together again and not expect it to be missing parts or have parts left over.

I always loved the design of ED-209. Looks like you're going to repair his damaged arm

hey keith, how big is it compared to the horizon one?

whats the black head area like? it looks like foam?

anyway good luck and im sure it will be outstanding by the time your finished

-z

Hi Chris,

I will be molding the black part of the head which is rubber and making a one off casting in resin. There won't be any rubber/latex parts on the model at all. I hate rubber stuff!

Its a lot bigger than the Horizon one. The Horizon is 1/9 and this is 1/6.

Cheers,

Keith.

Last edited:

Now that you are redoing the head area will you be doing something about the inaccurate sharp edges and making things softer and rounder?

Now that you are redoing the head area will you be doing something about the inaccurate sharp edges and making things softer and rounder?

The sharp edges on the head was the main reason i didn't buy this model when it first released, but this one has soft edges. I don't know why its different than the Hot Toys photos.
If it was to sharp though, when its cast in resin it would be quite easy to soften the edges a bit with some heat.

Keith.

More pics! I've been wanting one of these since I first saw Ed in the theaters, only life sized, working, and not psychotic. But the model works for me too! :love

1/6 you say:eek, any chance of a pic showing the size compared to the horizon one? thats if you still have it?

cheers

Are you going to be accurizing the right arm? For some reason HT placed a second gun on there, but this may have been changed with the battle damaged version. Anyway, ED should only have one gun on his right arm due to the rocket launcher.

Are you going to be accurizing the right arm? For some reason HT placed a second gun on there, but this may have been changed with the battle damaged version. Anyway, ED should only have one gun on his right arm due to the rocket launcher.

Yes, i'm almost finished rebuilding the guns and he won't be battle damaged for long.

Chris, check out this thread to see it compared to the horizon ED-209. I do still have my Horizon one:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=16937&highlight=ed209

Keith.

Hi Chris,

I will be molding the black part of the head which is rubber and making a one off casting in resin. There won't be any rubber/latex parts on the model at all. I hate rubber stuff!

You know...you'd have alot of customers if you could do a run on resin canopy copies. ;) ;) ;)

-Joe

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back