"Dark Streets" Movie using a Mal Pistol?

Dann

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anybody seen or heard anything about this movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772165/

Dude seems to have a Mal pistol from Serenity in his hand, wtf?

36e1dc2mv5bmtyzmz.jpg

Sorry if this has been covered, just thought it was interesting.

Why does it suck? Now, if you get a Mal pistol, you've got a two-fer. Print up a double-sided plaque and flip it to suit your mood. :lol

"The owner of a 1930s nightclub loses control of his life amid love triangles and too much debt"

So, why is the guy using a Mal Serenity version gun and wearing leather armor? 1930's????????? Huh?

Unless it's supposed to be a "sci fi" 1930's, I'm guessing someone in the prop department found the Mal pistol and said "Hey, this looks like an antique style gun! Let's use it!", not even knowing what it originally was from.

I think he's a stage actor, and that scene pictured above takes place in the theater. The movie looks visually interesting, but otherwise no thanks. I'd also wager the gun is in the movie for 5 seconds.

It also, based on the trailers might be one of those movies that is set out of any particular time like Streets of Fire, and Give 'em Hell Malone.

Get over it fellas - that's what happens when you rent props... if anything, blame the Firefly/Serenity side of things for not making their own guns. the prop house (ISS) is just doing their job.

It's my understanding that the Hero Mal pistol from Serenity is in a private collector's hands now, so I doubt that's the hero.

It *does* have that too bright brassy look of a QMx replica though.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back