New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (June '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Welcome to the RPF! We're happy you could join, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Code of Conduct (CoC)

Technical Questions and Support

And other FAQs that can ease your way into the RPF

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

RPF Staff

Last edited:
Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!...

Hi Guys and Gals. Though I'm new here I joined a year ago around the time I went through Chemo. I did'nt have much energy to get too involved back then, but now I'm fine and back in the game. A dear friend of mine just reminded me of this awesome site a few days ago. She showed me a thread on McQ Concept helmets. I was blow away when I saw Concept Fett and Stormtrooper Helmets. I need to get those two in my collection! Anyways, I'm glad to be on here and look forward to seeing you all on line.

Glad you're back! Skygunbro does crank out some really cool stuff.

I've had a few new members that I referred to the board P.M. me to tell me that they can P.M. each other, but their ability to post and search the forum is disabled. I'm sure they would like to introduce themselves here, but they're unable to at present.

Hello! It's great to finally be a member here.

A little about myself:

My name is Brandon and I'm an overall geek in my early thirties with an adorable 2 year old girl and two step-sons, aged 11 and 13. For the most part, I work in the IT industry, mainly doing UNIX admin stuff, though lately I've been making websites on the side. I currently live in southern California, but within the next couple of months I will hopefully be moving. The rest of the family is already there, I'm just getting things ready here while riding the lease out.

Like I said, I'm an overall, well rounded geek. Meaning I like to think that I have a good variety of interests. I love Star Wars, yet still watch and have seen almost everything Star Trek. Honestly, sci-fi in general is usually just great for me. I also enjoy great books, video games and all number of TV shows geeky and fun. I am also a huge car person. I grew up around all manner of muscle cars, I lived in Okinawa for a time and grew to appreciate Japanese performance cars, and I've since become a stout admirer of Jezza and the rest of the crew at Top Gear, which has opened my eyes on European cars. Anyway...

I found this forum while watching ASavage's talk about his Dodo bird. I've always loved the idea of building things with my hands, using my imagination to try and figure out how to make something work. After coming across this forum, I've immersed myself in all the great tips and tricks I could find. I hoping to try my hand soon at making my first few attempts at molding and casting, just as soon as I get moved.

The only things I'd even consider mentioning that I've done or worked on so far is some paper craft items and a DST TOS communicator that I'm turning into a Bluetooth device. I actually got this idea from a video on YouTube. Color me surprised when sometime in the last week or two I find a post by that same person. Anyhow, I've stalled so far, as I have to source a better amp circuit than my first attempt. I got the first one working based off a cheap Motorola headset that was on clearance and an amp circuit based on the LM386. Sadly, the power demands were too much and I have to start again from scratch. Considering this is a present for a friend of mine, I really need to get cracking.

That's it for me, I believe. I'm happy to finally be a member and to get a chance to "mingle" with so many talented people. Hopefully I can pick up a thing or three and learn something.

-Brandon

Last edited:

Hello all. I have been a member over at FX-Sabers for a while now, and am looking to expand my collecting into financial ruin. Heard this was the place for that :)

Anyway, I have been mostly collecting sabers lately, but have other projects on the table, like a scratchbuilt e-11, and a pair of electrobinoculars.

I'm glad to finally be part of your forum, and community.

Hello,

I have been a member of Club Obi Wan for over a year now. I have a great interest in Paper props and got my start with the Indiana Jones movies. I am starting to branch out in new directions.

Lately I have been replicating WWII docs and other movie props; Saving Private Ryan, Shawshank Redemption, etc.

My newest addiction has been Battlestar Galactica paper props. With the auctions going on alot of new images are available.

I look forward to seeing what the RPF has to offer and forging new relationships. I hope to contribute in some small way to the community and help in any way I can.

Best,
DBCooper

Hi all!

I've been waiting forever to get a chance to join! I'm really glad to be here!

I'm a 30ish guy living currently in St. Louis, working as a Systems dork for the last 13 years or so. More importantly, I've been costuming and building props for about 10 years. Unfortunately, my collection has stayed small due to funds, moving and lack of spousal support. However, I ditched the spouse, the collection must live! I'm a big fan of Science Fiction and tend to make props from that genre (unless something else catches my eye, like REPO!).

It's late, so I'll distract you with eye candy and you won't notice my lack of verbosity.

My only "real" movie prop:
savrod4lrg.sized.jpg

The mage Savrille from Dungeons and Dragons. Crappy movie, fun props!

My last costume:
n1346320917_406734_1601921.jpg

REEEPOMAAANN! Please ignore the crappy knife. I ran out of time and had to make a blade for the stage in an hour. I have a much nicer one now. :)

More stuff later. I never go to bed on time when I start digging through this forum!

:cheers Hello all!!

I, like many have been waiting for what seems like forever, to finally have the honor of joining this group! :$

I am glad to finally be here, and to be able to join in the many posts!! I recognize many names, from other boards I belong to. (Ktala being the most infamous tag..)

Just a brief bit of info..

I am a bonified geek! *And proud of it!*
Star Trek, Star Wars, you name it..I love Sci-Fi, Fantasy and horror. Still finding new hobbies to drive the rest of my family crazy.

I tend to lean towards the costume side of things, but of course, I have learned to make several bits of props and such.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the boards!
:angel
:lol

Hello, Al from Long Beach,CA. I joined this group for a couple of reasons first I enjoy building. Second to help me out with my OCD. I've built small things (mouse droid, light saber, power rings)but I'm in the planning stages of building R2.
Thanks for letting me
al

Finally, after months of waiting for registration to open up again. I don't have really to much props to show off at the moment, the current state of the economy being the main cause, but hopefully I'll be able to contribute. I'm a movie freak so if you name it chances are I'll know it. I've been working on several paper props so hopefully I'll have something to show everyone soon. Just to toss out my current project, its some Married with Children paper props.

Hi Guys and Gals. Though I'm new here I joined a year ago around the time I went through Chemo. I did'nt have much energy to get too involved back then, but now I'm fine and back in the game. A dear friend of mine just reminded me of this awesome site a few days ago. She showed me a thread on McQ Concept helmets. I was blow away when I saw Concept Fett and Stormtrooper Helmets. I need to get those two in my collection! Anyways, I'm glad to be on here and look forward to seeing you all on line.

Yay, you are here! Now I am officially a member too :)

Hello everyone,

The talent on this board is jaw dropping. Been lurking for awhile, trying to get the hang of the place and biding my time until sign up day Woohoo! Super glad to be here and can't wait to get to know you folks.

-Becky

Greetings!

My name's Thomas. I've been lurking here for a while, and I'm very glad to have a chance to be a part of the community.

I'm more likely to make costumes than replica props, but in recent years have become increasingly fascinated with props as costume accessories. My current project is a B-Wing Pilot helmet from Return of the Jedi (and once it's done, probably the rest of the outfit).

More than you want to know about me may be found on my website, here:

www.meerkatmeade.com

Thanks again for having me! I hope I'll be able to contribute something worthwhile.

just like to say hello , im a looking forward to talking and learning from the best, i have been a mechanic for delta airlines in atlanta ga for about 10 years now and married with 4 year old son who (yes) is a star wars nut like his dad. thank the gods!!. i have worked on a boba fett and tk costumes , but time to move on abit, i would love to build up a classic cylon raider costume one day, im lookin forward to talking with you all, THANKS BOB....:cool

Hi there! I am from Spain.
I am a paper replica props enthusiast (About everything related to Indiana Jones) and I'm happy to be here at last.
I am a "Club obi wan" and "Foro de Indiana Jones español" member too.
Regards.

Last edited:

Hello,

I have been a member of Club Obi Wan for over a year now. I have a great interest in Paper props and got my start with the Indiana Jones movies. I am starting to branch out in new directions.

Lately I have been replicating WWII docs and other movie props; Saving Private Ryan, Shawshank Redemption, etc.

My newest addiction has been Battlestar Galactica paper props. With the auctions going on alot of new images are available.

I look forward to seeing what the RPF has to offer and forging new relationships. I hope to contribute in some small way to the community and help in any way I can.

Best,

DBCooper

Hi Chris,

you finally made it, welcome on board.

Dietrich

Greetings all:
I am a retired Army officer and currently the curator of the 45th Infantry Division Museum in Oklahoma City. I enjoy most Sci Fi and action adventure films. Two films I am enamored with: first, Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I saw the film as a child and became a life long fan. I own a lot of the 50th anniversary models and the Master Replica model, among other 20K "toys." The other film, or films is the Indiana Jones series.

000_0279.jpg

100_2671.jpg

Moracco-Casablanca.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back